PDA

View Full Version : Custom Made Z-Style Grip Proto's,,

dingo
02-14-2002, 11:57 PM
Hey guys, I just finished my first proto of a Z-Style grip with an intergrated Vert ASA. This is a rough draft version.
I still have to finish off the edges and polish and what have you, but you get the idea. I just wanted to see if there would be any interest. FYI, these can have the Smart Feed Set up, to run the hopper or Warp also. And they can be converted int a cocker pivot trigger frame also.

I'll post those pics in a few days when i get the DigiCam back, and install the switch and plug.

Thanks for looking.

http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-1_small.JPG (http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-1.JPG)
http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-2_small.JPG (http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-2.JPG)
http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-3_small.JPG (http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-3.JPG)
http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-4_small.JPG (http://airsoldier.com/~dingo/images/JPG/dingo-z-4.JPG):D

Dubstar112
02-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Sweet. nice to see someone reincarnate the Z!!!!!!!!!!!

personman
02-16-2002, 01:51 PM
Thats incredibally cool, yet increddible ugly. How about some milling and colors?

dingo
02-16-2002, 04:15 PM
this is just the rought draft proto.
I'm almost done with the finishing touches.
I'll post some pics soon as i'm done.

Thanks

Kaiser Bob
02-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by GalligerAtWar
make them so you can you dye stikies

did you say you can put a hinge trigger on them for the automag ??

can you make a frame that has a hinge trigger for the automag

Not even worth yelling at you.... just think about it a little...

Potatoboy
02-16-2002, 09:47 PM
either that or actually go back and actually read and see that he said cocker....

GallagherAtWar
02-16-2002, 09:48 PM
he does alot of custom work he could special make 1 but i guess you cant make it for a mag cause it has a pin you push

Potatoboy
02-16-2002, 09:50 PM
i give up....

wait, no i don't....

I have a "custom automag hinge frame" how much do you want to buy it for?

GallagherAtWar
02-16-2002, 09:53 PM
:D

dingo
02-16-2002, 10:12 PM
the frame can be made with an AUTOCOCKER hinge trigger.
All mag triggers are hinge triggers to begin with.

the frame can also be made for an electro marker.

As for the DYE stickies, I don't think even the Original Z-Frame could use them.
The angles are all wrong for Stickies.
But i think I can fit the DYE pannel grips.

later,

GallagherAtWar
02-16-2002, 10:18 PM
tom makeing them fit stickies and he'll have an intell feed mount

dingo
02-16-2002, 10:28 PM
My grip also has an intelifeed switch and conector.
As for the DYE grips, what can i say, I don't have the resources Tom has. Also, it only took me a few days to design and make my frame, Tom has had, I'm sure, a lot longer than that to design his new Z-Frame.
But anyway, if any one likes this frame, feel free to drop me line, and we'll talk turkey. If any one doesn't like it, drop me a line, ad we'll discus what improvements you have in mind.

PS, as for them beign ugly and what not, you have to remember that those are pictures of the unfinished product, as in not rounded out, not polished and not anoed.

later,

GallagherAtWar
02-17-2002, 06:53 AM
how heavy are they? they look realy heavy
Around how much they goin to be?
Chris

paint king
02-17-2002, 12:28 PM
THats really nice. I really want to see some pics of it finished and annoed. Email me at bryanthayes23@hotmail.com if you wanna talk.

Magsrule3
02-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Are you going to cut out the middle part so its not all solid? Can we get a ballpark figure for the cost?

irbodden
02-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by GalligerAtWar
tom makeing them fit stickies and he'll have an intell feed mount

Yes, he also has no intention on making it any time soon. So your better off waiting, and not making remarks like the above one to Dingo.

iisp0tii
02-17-2002, 11:00 PM
is there a way you can make an electronic z-grip, or a y-grip, or a 90* grip??

GallagherAtWar
02-18-2002, 08:16 AM
whats a y grip??

dingo
02-18-2002, 09:57 AM
*/Price
175.00 including a blade style trigger, and black powder coating and grip panels.

weight
The grips will have the center of the hand rest hollowed out, like most conventional frames, to make it much lighter than it already is, even as a solid frame.

electonics
I'm waiting to receive a Mako/BooYah frame that will donate it's internals and be transplanted into the inside of my next Z-Frame.
If any one want to have this done, I can provide the Mako frames at cost for the transplant. Drop me a line (dingo@dingopaintball.com) for pricing as I can not post the Mako costs.
If you already have a frame, it'll still be 175.00
For the first person from this board, that has their own BooYah/mako frame, to place an order with me, I'll do the E-Z Frame for $125

90*/Y-Frame
I can pretty much make any shape frame you would like.
I don't know what a Y-Frame would be, but Drop me a line (dingo@dingopaintball.com) and we'll discuss prices.

Misc.
Thanks for everyone who has posted and for those of you who PMed me with suggetios, thanks.

Also for those of you that may want a frame and are short on the funds, but have guns or parts to spare, I'm always willing to consider trades as payment or as partial payment (depending on value of your trades. We also have an istalment payment method thru paypal! Drop me a line (dingo@dingopaintball.com)

Wacky-Warriors
02-19-2002, 08:18 PM
I think it looks pretty kewl. When you get a working one let me know. I would like to try one out. I run a z-grip on my rt. Its ok I just dont like how far the reach is on it. Yours looks like it isnt as far a reach as a z-grip is.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. I will be making a order from you to put a mag together. Will us as many of your parts as I can. See if we get any bites here in the shop as to whather people are interested in a new source of mag parts.

dingo
02-19-2002, 10:48 PM
I actualy used picture from the net to come up withthe dimensions and anles, so it's not exactly like the z-grip.
It's actualy about 1/2 inch shorter top to bottom than a benchmark regular frame.

Wacky Warrior; drop me a line about the mag for you

FooTemps
02-22-2002, 03:31 AM
Wow, nice that someone is giving interest in "z-grips" again. I like what you're trying to do. It may be ugly and unrefined but I bet the final product will be awesome...

dingo
02-22-2002, 08:06 AM
I think so too!! :)
should have a finished, polished version next week, this weekend i'm actualy going out to play some ball for a change.

Thanks

orangejulius
02-22-2002, 08:17 PM
where are the pictures im very intrested in this lets see soem finished pictures.

paint king
02-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Sounds like its goin to be great.

FooTemps
02-25-2002, 11:13 PM
If you tried it out yet, how does it feel? How does it perform?

dingo
03-02-2002, 03:34 PM
just finished milling out the center of the handle to lighten it up. now i have to make as new trigger, the one i one i made originaly is too thin and wobbles, but it fires just fine. as for the feel, i personaly never got used to the zgrip.

MikeCouves
03-04-2002, 03:45 PM
OoO, that's pretty cool. I can't see the pics enough to say it's ugly, sounds like a E-Z Frame would be such a good idea. Good luck...!

Snooky
03-05-2002, 10:29 PM
im very impressed with ur milling dingo. i took metals freshmen year and all i could make is a dropforward(which i love to pieces). anyway keep up the good work. when i see a pic of finished product ill try to help u by telling u what i like and how it could be improved. awesome!

speedballbanks
03-06-2002, 01:55 PM
you said yuo can make almost any shape right??? would yuo be able to make an intelliframe copy for me for like 75 bucks? that will fit dye stickies the blade trigger and microswitch harness.??

paint king
03-06-2002, 05:39 PM
sounds loike its going to be great. Could you post pics of it milled now. Thanks a lot.

GallagherAtWar
03-21-2002, 08:46 PM
Got any new pictures??

MODS can you move this to the tech forum so it gets more attention??

chri$$

Panzerr
04-05-2002, 02:05 PM
What's going on with that foregrip Dingo? I'm getting pretty nervous becuase you've have my money for six weeks. You've missed two deadlines you set yourself and haven't responded to my emails for three weeks. No that I know you still have internet service, I'd like to know what is going on.

Panzerr
05-14-2002, 03:07 PM
Dingo, or should I say Carlos, I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW.

RT_Luver
05-14-2002, 06:06 PM
any chance of making one for the e-mag??

speedballbanks
05-14-2002, 07:22 PM
dude, can't you see he has ripped people off why would you want his business.

RT_Luver
05-14-2002, 08:27 PM
I'm just wondering if theirs any possible design out there. If one lil person can make one for the e-mag, then I know AGD can make one

speedballbanks
05-14-2002, 08:42 PM
well i know agd can make one for the e-mag it is just time consuming and you got to remember not many people had a demand for the z's so why would they spend money on something that they might not sell. you see what i mean.

RT_Luver
05-14-2002, 08:50 PM
yea tru. MAYBE after AGD does make the intelli z's the demand might be high enuf that they will decide to make them. maybe atleast for us AO'ers? It aint wrong to wish is it:rolleyes:

speedballbanks
05-15-2002, 02:34 PM
deffinitely not wrong to wish i would love to shoot a e-z-mag i personally think it would be awesome but i wouldn't want it to be to high priced because then more money means less sales.

GallagherAtWar
06-20-2002, 05:54 PM
i went to the web site and found this!!

TO ALL OF OUR CURRENT AND PERSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS:

AS MOST OF YOU ALREADY KNOW, WE ARE A SMALL "HOME" OPERATION.

AS OF JUNE 1ST DINGO PAINTBALL WILL HAVE TO BE CLOSED FOR AN UNDETERMINED LENGTH OF TIME.

I HAVE HAD TO SELL MY HOUSE, AND THEREFORE NO LONGER HAVE A PLACE TO WORK OUT OF.

UNTIL SUCH TIME THAT I FIND A SUITABLE PLACE TO HOUSE BOTH MYSELF AND THE SHOP, WE WILL BE ON A HIATUS.

TO THOSE OF YOU WAITING FOR DELIVERIES, EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS; EVERY THING WILL BE MAILED OUT NO LATER THAN JUNE 7TH, 2002.

Ii APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THAIS MAY HAVE CAUSED ANYONE. AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS TRANSITION PERIOD.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
06-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Yeah refunds go out June 7th...hmmm...June 21

NOTHING - NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Panzerr
06-21-2002, 06:10 PM
I still haven't got mine. RIPPER!

AssassN
06-24-2002, 08:30 PM
as soon as people bring up his ripping people off he doesn't check this thread anymore. Thats weird.

I say we ban together and AOers boycott Dingos products!!!

jah871
06-24-2002, 10:01 PM
wheres he located? maybe we can find an AO'er near him and have them pay him a visit.

speedballbanks
06-24-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by AssassN
as soon as people bring up his ripping people off he doesn't check this thread anymore. Thats weird.

I say we ban together and AOers boycott Dingos products!!!

ummm........we already did...where have you been? didn't you see coffey's post?

AssassN
06-25-2002, 09:18 AM
yaaaaaaaa. BUt if u notice he responded alot on this thread untill him oweing people money came up. i Have seen coffeys thread and he did respond to that if i remember corectly (but i probably don't)

Matt Crawford
06-26-2002, 01:42 AM
I feel sorry for the guys dingo ripped off......But I got my Foregrip I ordered with out any problems.So I guess I'm one of the few then?

FutureMagOwner
06-26-2002, 10:18 AM
you do know there can be problems with shipping and moving and whatever he is doing and it takes time to setup so give him some time and if he still doesnt then kick his tush

speedballbanks
06-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
you do know there can be problems with shipping and moving and whatever he is doing and it takes time to setup so give him some time and if he still doesnt then kick his tush

are you kidding me he has had plenty of time it is time he quit's being so childish and pay his dues.

FutureMagOwner
06-27-2002, 07:30 AM
well i cant tell time without lack of dates so i dont know if he has had time

and for all you know he could be testing something on your frame that will make it trancend above everythign else(trying to be optimistic dont flame me too much)

speedballbanks
06-27-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
well i cant tell time without lack of dates so i dont know if he has had time

and for all you know he could be testing something on your frame that will make it trancend above everythign else(trying to be optimistic dont flame me too much)

i see your "trying" to be optimistic but you can't in this situation becuase the guy is a coward.

TRIAD
06-27-2002, 11:54 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=41059

paintbattler
07-05-2002, 11:00 AM
i would be interested in them

paintballrulzs
07-09-2002, 09:53 PM
I read somewhere his shop went out of busseness.

ProblemKinder
09-20-2006, 10:16 PM
uhh am I missing something? is there supposed to be a picture in this thread? I'm not seeing a picture.

DiSoRdeR
09-20-2006, 10:39 PM
uhh am I missing something? is there supposed to be a picture in this thread? I'm not seeing a picture.
Read the post dates and the thread ;)