PDA

View Full Version : reasons for upgrading to the Automag?

HOpELeSsFiAScO
02-15-2002, 01:49 AM
Hi guys, I currently own an F4 but I have been given the opportunity by a friend to upgrade to a classic 68 Automag standard feed.
Is this a good move? What makes the automag such a superior gun? Does this particular model have any quirks I should know about?

Thanks!

(and if you feel like being particularly helpful :D )
...is the powerfeed a big deal?
Will I chop balls without a VLRevolution?

Thanks again!

xtreme paintball
02-15-2002, 02:45 AM
Yes, this is definately a good move. Don't think of it as much as superior, as just BETTER. First of all, Automags are very well built markers. They will last a very long time with minimal maintenence. They are EXTREMELY easy to care for. If for some reason you DO have a problem, you can come on here and these guys can help you with almost anything(especially since Tom Kaye, inventor of the Automag, is often on here). If nobody here can help you, which is very unlikely, AGD has EXCELLENT costomer service. Top of the line. They also perform excellently.
As for quirks: The standard feed doesn't feed as fast as a powerfeed, but you can always cut the standard feed short and get a Pro-Feed Universal Powerfeed. I'm not suree how well they work, but it's one solution. Also, if you don't have an aftermarket barrel, get one. Another thing is, Automags aren't too friendly with CO2 without assistance. If you're runnung CO2, you'll want to get an x-chamber and maybe a regulator and/or remote. Your best bet is to go nitro. I'f you don't have one, you can get one cheap at Ebay. I recently bought a 68ci 3000psi Smart Parts Max-Flo tank for $170. About the Revolution, you won't chop balls without is unless you're shooting fast, and with the trigger on the mag, you'll definatele be tempted to push it to the max, so a Revvy might not be a bad idea. Hope this helped!!