PDA

View Full Version : pneumag on/off pin stuck in body

stevewar
09-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi all,

I'm putting together my intelliframed pneumag and am having an issue. When I gas up the gun, the on/off pin (I have a ULT in it right now) gets pushed down into the body, and the sear never pushes it back up. Is this a problem of the lpr not putting out enough pressure to gas up the ram?

Tunaman
09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
The sear will never again be able to push the pin back up in a pneumag as it does not contact the on/off pin. Drill a hole in the frame under the pin so you can use a pin to push it back up, or just take the body off.

stevewar
09-14-2011, 07:10 PM
The sear will never again be able to push the pin back up in a pneumag as it does not contact the on/off pin. Drill a hole in the frame under the pin so you can use a pin to push it back up, or just take the body off.

thanks Tuna. I've removed the body and reset the on/off pin. I guess my question is how to I prevent this from happening (IE, WTF is wrong with it)

bpsimpson22
09-14-2011, 07:13 PM
I just got my first pneumag so I am no expert. How many shims are in the ULT? If you only have 1 or 2, try adding 1 or 2 and see if it fires. If you have an RT On/Off I'd see if it works with that. I believe the ULT can work at a lower lpr pressure so maybe check your lpr pressure.

EDIT:

Does it fire? So when you try to remove the valve you can't pull it out because the on/off pin is not reset. Hmmmm...I dunno. I'd mess around with the ULT shims and the lpr.

How much air is in your tank? Is your valve getting enough air supply? Now that I think about it might not have anything to do with the pneumatics and lpr. It might be your valve. Do you have another frame to put on there to see if it works without the pneuframe?

Tunaman
09-14-2011, 08:18 PM
take out the valve...move the sear leg all the way forward until the bump on the sear contacts the body. adjust the ram so it almost hit the leg but not touching. The on off pin will be at its fully extended position. That distance is a constant in all mags. Find the spot on the frame to drill a small hole...3/16' or so you can push the sear leg and force the pin back up.

BigEvil
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Firstly, you probably shouldnt be using a ULT in a pneumag.. the RT on/off seems to work much better.

The easiest way to prevent what is happening Steve, is to hold the trigger while you are degassing the gun.

stevewar
09-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Firstly, you probably shouldnt be using a ULT in a pneumag.. the RT on/off seems to work much better.

The easiest way to prevent what is happening Steve, is to hold the trigger while you are degassing the gun.
Thanks!

I didn't quite give enough details, but in the morning I think I will just change out the on/off to the RT.

I read about holding the trigger while gasing / degassing so I wll try that too.

thanks all!

Ando
09-15-2011, 06:54 AM
You could always open the grip panels and push the sear back that way too.

stevewar
09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't think I explained this well enough. Since I'm having the same problem with the RT on/off. here are some more details.

When I turn on the air, quite literally nothing audible or visible happens. The trigger pneumatic's don't work (IE, when I pull the trigger, the ram doesn't move). I know there is air in the valve because the pin gets stuck (although the gun doesn't fire).

At lunch today, I'm going to actually hook up my QD directly to the palmers micro rock and try to test the pneumatic system in isolation. I assume Mag79 did this when he installed it, but I never sent him an LPR, so I want to make sure this micro rock isn't screwed up. If the pnumatics work, I'm going to put rail on the frame and make sure the ram actually engages the sear properly. If all of that works, I have no idea what to do next.

I'm going to video the entire thing with my phone...

thanks all for your help.

-Steve
PS. Anxiously awaiting my BNIB V.E.R. frame

mag79
09-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Did you test out the asa like I told you too? It could be that your the elbow fitting you have attached to the asa for the lpr is screwed too far in blocking the airflow to the lpr. You should change out that asa and get an on/off asa.

stevewar
09-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Did you test out the asa like I told you too? It could be that your the elbow fitting you have attached to the asa for the lpr is screwed too far in blocking the airflow to the lpr. You should change out that asa and get an on/off asa.

I did test the ASA, and actually it's not the problem. So here's what I ended up doing.

I removed the body and rail from the frame. I screwed the lpr into a vertical ASA that I had and then aired up the system. This isolated the ram from the sear and isolated the air from the asa. The ram immediately started working properly. OK... pneumatics verified.

I read that 1/4 turn of the lpr screw was equivalent to a 25 psi change. So I unscrewed the base from the micro rock, and put my finger on the internal plate that the screw moves. I then backed the screw all the way out and then back in until it just touched the plate, and then turned it about 1 full turn. This supposedly should be around 100psi output from the micro.

I then put everything back together, and noticed the ram was moving, but not strong enough to move the sear. Odd... So I cranked the lpr another 1/4 turn. I kept doing that 2 or 3 times and eventually it was able to trip the sear!! woot.

So now the bolt is chuffing. Gotta figure out what's up with my level 10. Could just be velocity, not sure.