PDA

View Full Version : Cover for Ninja 68/4500???

keyk17
09-21-2011, 06:58 AM
I just picked up a Ninja 68/4500, not realizing beforehand that they are sized shorter and fatter than standard 68s. Fortunately, I love the feel of it... but now my Dye Rhino 68 cover does not fit (too long).

I've heard that the Dye Rhino 70peanut both will & will not work, based on differing threads on pbnation.

Let me know if you have any advice or experience in covering this tank! I'm currently deciding between:

1. taking the risk and trying the dye 70 peanut
2. going with the older, almost-full rubber cover from exalt
3. the newer exalt butt
4. the exalt butt featuring the ninja brand
5. ninja's cover which looks to be of extremely poor quality

Thoughts? Opinions? Help!

TwilightG
09-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Don't know if this helps or not... but I have an NXe cover on my Ninja 50/45. The cover was designed for a 48.
It's a 2-piece cover so I think that helps a lot. Might be worth looking into.

bbotts77
09-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I've got a couple of Ninja covers and one of their new butt covers. The full tank covers aren't and fancy as other brands, but they do the job. They are currently out of stock on the 68ci covers, though. I'd go with the Ninja butt cover for now.

keyk17
09-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I've got a couple of Ninja covers and one of their new butt covers. The full tank covers aren't and fancy as other brands, but they do the job. They are currently out of stock on the 68ci covers, though. I'd go with the Ninja butt cover for now.

Thanks for the reply!

I saw some of the Ninja 68 covers available through paintball stores on ebay. My concern with them was how lumpy and uneven they look on a tank in all the stock images I've seen. Does it fit your tank snugly and still offer enough grip to place on your shoulder?

Also, (and this is really picky, I know) does the giant red N stand out too much on the field? I play woodsball and a lot of scenario, and I'm imagining an ambush going awry because someone spots the red in the brush. (I don't know what the odds of that are... but I can't help the way my brain works!)

Spazmok
09-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Skip the junky exalt stuff and pick up one of the Blackstar Butts. The 1.0 is great if youre just looking for some grip, the 2.0 does the same job but provides a little more cover if you're concerned about protecting the tank.

bbotts77
09-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I saw some of the Ninja 68 covers available through paintball stores on ebay. My concern with them was how lumpy and uneven they look on a tank in all the stock images I've seen. Does it fit your tank snugly and still offer enough grip to place on your shoulder?

Also, (and this is really picky, I know) does the giant red N stand out too much on the field? I play woodsball and a lot of scenario, and I'm imagining an ambush going awry because someone spots the red in the brush. (I don't know what the odds of that are... but I can't help the way my brain works!)
No problem. They do have a nice snug fit with no lumps. They are pretty thin, but thick enough to prevent the scratches you'd pick up from typical play. I'll try to remember to take a picture or two when I get home. I'm never good at remembering to take pictures, though.

They don't have any grippy stuff on the butts. So it is just bare neoprene. I guess it's grippiness depends on what's on your shoulder. I've been playing mostly woodsball lately, so I've just been wearing a camo T-shirt. It grips fine on cotton. I don't know how it would grip on the nice, slick jersey material. The jersey I wear has grippy stuff on the shoulders anyway.

I've never really paid much attention to the visibility of the 'N'. However, in woodsball, I have not had any problems with people spotting me before I'm shooting at them. If they do, it's most likely because of glare off of my lens or something else shiny.

When I bought the covers, I was a little underwhelmed. The zipper is small and the material is pretty thin. But when I started to think about it, they do what they're supposed to. No reason for bells and whistles on a tank cover.

Ben

keyk17
09-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I'll try to remember to take a picture or two when I get home. I'm never good at remembering to take pictures, though.

I'd love to see some pics, if you think of it. That could be the last piece of info I need to make a decision. True, you don't need much when it comes to a cover: as long as there is material to prevent scratching, you have everything you need.

It's just tough for me to adjust after being spoiled with the Dye Rhino--it's like having a miniature fortress on the back of your marker... :)

keyk17
09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Skip the junky exalt stuff and pick up one of the Blackstar Butts. The 1.0 is great if youre just looking for some grip, the 2.0 does the same job but provides a little more cover if you're concerned about protecting the tank.

Overall, I'm leaning more toward having the tank covered completely. I wish Blackstar would do a full cover. Now THAT I would buy.

bbotts77
09-22-2011, 09:59 AM
I told you I was bad at remembering to take pics. I'll try to remember tonight. I'll be working on web sites all night. Maybe that will remind me to put some pics on one of my servers.