PDA

View Full Version : ver frame solenoid question

stevewar
09-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Hi all,

I sent a message to jai already, but I'm hoping somebody on here can help me out quickly (sorry I'm so anxious!)....

I have the frame powered on, and in semi mode, but when I pull the trigger, the solenoid doesn't activate (even though the led flashes with each trigger pull).

Any ideas?

TwilightG
09-22-2011, 06:00 PM
are you using a fresh battery?

OPBN
09-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Are you aired up?

rawbutter
09-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I don't own a VER frame, but I know with many solenoids, there is no independent "reset" aspect (like an internal spring or something like that). When power is sent to the solenoid, the electromagnetic magic that happens inside causes the piston to push out, but when power stops flowing, the piston doesn't automatically reset by itself UNLESS there is force being applied to it.

So, when the marker is gassed up and ready to go, the air pressure inside the valve pushes on the sear, and that pressure resets the solenoid, enabling it to "fire" again.

The same thing would happen to me when I owned a hyperframe. When the gun wasn't aired up, I could pull the trigger, and on the first pull only, the solenoid would move and "click." Every pull after that, though, the light would only flash. It seemed like a problem the first time I played around with the frame, but once I put air in the gun, everything worked fine. (To practice walking the trigger, I actually attached a rubber band to the solenoid to provide the return force. That way I could practice shooting the trigger, and I would hear that satisfying click, but I didn't have to waste any air to do so.)

stevewar
09-23-2011, 01:47 PM
I think this was user error. Jai gave me his cell number and we figured it out.. This thing absolutely rips!

need4reebs
09-26-2011, 02:22 AM
I think this was user error. Jai gave me his cell number and we figured it out.. This thing absolutely rips!

nice...what was wrong with it? and what did you do to get it working? haha let us know...in case someone else runs into the same problem...Please :clap: :clap:

p8ntbal4me
10-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Just found this thread. Sorry for the late post.

We adjusted the dwell down and tuned the frames internals to his valves capabilities.

Last I heard he has a much lower dwell setting and is saving battery life.

Spider-TW
10-13-2011, 07:22 AM
Just found this thread. Sorry for the late post.

We adjusted the dwell down and tuned the frames internals to his valves capabilities.

Last I heard he has a much lower dwell setting and is saving battery life.

Hey P8nt, can I ask how the tech support has been with these? I have no doubts on the frames themselves; I'm just curious about how people have been handling the setup.

p8ntbal4me
10-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey P8nt, can I ask how the tech support has been with these? I have no doubts on the frames themselves; I'm just curious about how people have been handling the setup.

I myself had had only software questions concerning the settings.
I have yet to have someone have issues with the hardware.