PDA

View Full Version : Mag not airing up

pwidby
10-04-2011, 08:51 AM
I have an Automag w/ level 7 bolt and running off a flatline. It has been working great all season. Sunday at the field I turned on the air and the gun has no pressure. It fires, but barely. I do know that it is not the Flatline reg or tank. It is after the air gets to the gun. Any ideas?
Thanks, Paul

rawbutter
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Stuff to check:

1. enough air in tank (1000+ psi)?
2. field strip screw too tight?
3. oiled/cleaned recently (no dirt in the valve)?
4. velocity up high enough?
5. no missing pieces out of the on/off?

And not to nit pick, but how do you know for sure it's not the tank reg? or the gague? (I once had a tank that appeared full because the gague was reading 3000psi, but I was out actually of air. Turns out the gague was broken and got stuck in the "full" position.)

pwidby
10-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Stuff to check:

1. enough air in tank (1000+ psi)?
2. field strip screw too tight?
3. oiled/cleaned recently (no dirt in the valve)?
4. velocity up high enough?
5. no missing pieces out of the on/off?

And not to nit pick, but how do you know for sure it's not the tank reg? or the gague? (I once had a tank that appeared full because the gague was reading 3000psi, but I was out actually of air. Turns out the gague was broken and got stuck in the "full" position.)
I turned off the tank and could not get the pressure all out of the HP lines, so I cut the top one and that worked. Then when I turned on the tank it seemed to have plenty of pressure. I only hand tight the field strip screw but maybe that was it? When you pull the trigger it just gives off a very low soft "pop". Thing is I didn't change anything from last week and it was working flawlessly. I am sure it is something simple.
Thanks, Paul

pwidby
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
I spoke w/ Dave at AGD and he thinks it is the velocity adjustment. Makes since. I will try tonight and see what happens.
Thanks, Paul

pwidby
10-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Ok, turned up the velocity last night and at first it helped then air starting coming out of the front of the flatline reg. Tonight I will rebuild the flatline and see where it goes from there.

rawbutter
10-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I turned off the tank and could not get the pressure all out of the HP lines, so I cut the top one and that worked.

Can you explain this more? You cut a line, and after that it worked, but then later when you tried again it didn't work? :confused:

Were you having trouble getting all the pressure out of the lines? Why didn't you just dry fire until the psi decreased?