PDA

View Full Version : Securing the warp feed battery door...

Brad Quillen
10-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Following what I'm sure was an extremely graceful dive and crawl maneuver, I discovered my battery harness and wiring laying on the ground. Now that I've got that soldered back into place, I'm interested in a good method to avoid this problem in the future.

Please don't recommend duct tape. I can come up with that all by myself. I'd like to do something a bit more functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks.
-Brad

kcombs9
10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
maybe drill a small hole and use a self threading screw to hold it in place? I don't have my warp in front of me but seems like there is enough plastic for something like that to work, ill check when I get home.

Justus
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Drill and tap. Insert a set screw.

sQuidvision
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
i would worry that a set screw would just cause the warp shell to blowout instead if you were sliding or something.

Brad Quillen
10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I've never done that before, but there's a first time for everything :). I think I'll try TWO setscrews :).

I will hopefully do a neater job with this than I did with switch installation. The hole I made for the switch ended up rather oversized and ugly. This will require more precision. Wish me luck :).

Ando
10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
That door should just lock in place. Have you tried tightening the housing screws a little more?

Brad Quillen
10-12-2011, 09:21 AM
That door should just lock in place. Have you tried tightening the housing screws a little more?

It WAS locked into place, man! It was friction from crawling on the ground that removed the battery door. I didn't realize I had done it. I had to re-solder everything yesterday. It sucked and I don't want to have to do it again. I want that door to stay put, even if I drag it on the ground. I want to play hard, and I don't want to have to worry about my equipment when I'm on the field. The battery door had never offered to come off before this episode.

Brad Quillen
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
i would worry that a set screw would just cause the warp shell to blowout instead if you were sliding or something.

Oh hell. Somehow I had overlooked this. I'm not sure if this is a legitimate concern or not :confused:

kcombs9
10-12-2011, 09:55 AM

are you saying if the door doesn't give something else will?

sQuidvision
10-12-2011, 09:58 AM
Oh hell. Somehow I had overlooked this. I'm not sure if this is a legitimate concern or not :confused:
Some kind of 'skid plate' that snaps onto the bottom of the warp seems like a safer solution... like a ski for your warp :)

are you saying if the door doesn't give something else will?
That would be my concern yes... if the warp is being dragged across the ground there could be enough force to pop the plastic shell... then you would really be in trouble.

OneSelfLost
10-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I put a little dab of superglue on the channels and let it dry BEFORE putting the door back on. That way it just made the gap a bit more snug.

Yes.. don't glue the door on.. that would be bad. haha