PDA

View Full Version : So I'm an idiot....

OPBN
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
How would one go about ungluing the top trigger magnet on an E-mag if they accidentally glued it in wrong? Trying to soak it in acetone now to see it will loosen up, but so far it doesnt seem to be budging. If this doesnt work, I was considering drilling a small hole underneath the magnet to allow a nail or something to try and push the magnet out from the bottom?

And I can't remove the magnets from the rail because they had to be epoxied in after the extreme stripping the anodizer did.

GRAYGHOST
10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
heat will also loosen super glue

OPBN
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
heat will also loosen super glue
Just tried a candle and didnt seem to make a difference.

kcombs9
10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
have an extra magnet? drill it out if you do and start over.

GRAYGHOST
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
a candle cannot put out enough heat a propane torch , an oven set at 450 ,or an industrial heat gun

OPBN
10-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Hmmm. Don't have a propane torch or heat gun. It is a Tuna blade with the bearing. Are those made to withstand such a temp? Thinking I may just have to try the small hole from the bottom to see if I can knock it out with a nail.

Justus
10-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Might have an easier time flipping the magnets in the top of the frame. I know you said they were epoxied in though, but you might try there before drilling the hole.

OPBN
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Might have an easier time flipping the magnets in the top of the frame. I know you said they were epoxied in though, but you might try there before drilling the hole.
Swear I tried this for like 5 minutes before and it wouldnt budge. Picked at it again and it popped out. Problem solved.