PDA

View Full Version : Fun over the weekend

SteelSoul
10-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Here is a little project I did over the weekend.
I added comments to each section..
I know its not a mag but I think it cool :)

One of these days I'm gona fit a emag inside on of these things :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/SteelSoul/TM15?authuser=0&feat=directlink

GoatBoy
10-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Here is a little project I did over the weekend.
I added comments to each section..
I know its not a mag but I think it cool :)

One of these days I'm gona fit a emag inside on of these things :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/SteelSoul/TM15?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Think your album is private.

Where do you play now? I think you and I used to play at TXPB in the early 2000's, before thay moved to Lago Vista.

SteelSoul
10-12-2011, 01:04 PM
OMG GOAT !!!

I have been playing at Tactical paintball in Harwood. Big game coming up next weekend

Updated sharing for my post

http://www.tacticalpaintball.com/newforum/viewforum.php?f=99

GoatBoy
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Don't think I can make it to the next big game. Was out there 2 weekends ago ironically.

Interesting mod. I've been thinking of doing something similar, but the mounting on the barrel always sort of eluded me. Interesting way to solve that by using the TM shroud itself.

Not sure if you will get the real benefit if you use the red end of that barrel on there, unless you're just using that as a guide to get everything lined up and locked in, and then removing it.

I was also thinking about making one that used actual baffles instead of just stuff crammed in...

SteelSoul
10-13-2011, 09:50 AM
The barrel has porting all the way down each side of the barrel.
Just downloaded a decibel meter for my phone, was gona test it last night but it was after 9:00 and the wife told me I couldn't shoot my marker in the back yard.
Hopefully I will get home at a decent time and do the tests tonight.
One thing I noticed the sound is suppressed somewhat but Not as much as I wanted.
Was thinking of enlarging the porting holes and see if it makes any difference.

As for the baffles I would love to see if that works :)

mag_lover09
10-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Ya'll from Austin? Where do ya'll play?

GoatBoy
10-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Ya'll from Austin? Where do ya'll play?

Well Steel said he plays at Tactical in Harwood; I play at Xtreme in Manor most of the time.

GRAYGHOST
10-16-2011, 02:47 AM
:nono: looks like an all expense paid trip to a federal institution for a time that will be determined by a judge hope you donot play with a young law enforcement officer who wants to impress his superiors all the rules on supressors are available online the judge will say sorry tgnorance of the law is no excuse now pay this big fine and serve :nono: some time in the federal or state prison paintball is not excluded from the law you will be seen as a criminal so my preaching is done and just leave it on the mantle for display or best to just disassemble it and be safe :nono: :nono:

athomas
10-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Yes, unfortunately that is illegal to use. We used to make these years ago for use in the woods. They worked great. Laws have prevented their use in recent years.

You do need heavy porting to suppress the sound in a short distance.

mag_lover09
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Well Steel said he plays at Tactical in Harwood; I play at Xtreme in Manor most of the time.

hey man, xtreme paintball is probly like a 45 min. drive for me, lookin at it on google maps. once i get this mag built, i have every other saturday off. so a sat. or a sun. we could meet up and play sometime.