PDA

View Full Version : Planet Eclipse Etha

Dayspring
10-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Using the same "cork in a bottle" approach that automags do, as well as the air forward, spring return system.

Even says it uses a slow/fast bolt stroke like the Level 10.

Thoughts?

Etha:
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2656/ifnsztswl.jpg

AGD:
http://www.airgundesignsusa.com/Images/x_valve_lg.jpg

http://www.nickpapandria.com/pics/Etha_Firing.jpg

georgeyew
10-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Tropical Life
10-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Entry level geo I suppose. I guess it goes ego/etek, geo/etha.. :rolleyes: as far as the spring goes always imitated but never duplicated!

Konigballer
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Is nothing about the basic Automag classic/retro/x-valve design patented? :confused:

Course I guess if AGD is no longer making mags others might as well utilize such a good design.

the123
10-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I wonder how long they stared at Tom's design before they came up with this. I wonder what max ROF is without shootdown.
I'll bet that one could trade parts from mags to these guns to make them better.

the123
10-14-2011, 08:10 PM
This also proves that AGD will live forrrreverrrr!!!

Drix
10-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Wonder what will happen without the steel washer :D

Gadget
10-15-2011, 03:38 AM
Joins the list of designs based on the Automag concept - Mini, Phenom, Axe, Etha. Shame it's not AGD churning out affordable markers based on the design :(

KurtPB
10-15-2011, 08:05 AM
I imagine if AGD were the ones churning out Axe's, Etha's, etc, I wouldn't have kids at the field saying "Who?" when I tell them who makes my 'mag.

georgeyew
10-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Joins the list of designs based on the Automag concept - Mini, Phenom, Axe, Etha. Shame it's not AGD churning out affordable markers based on the design :(

Don't forget Tiberus Arms.

going_home
10-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Can you say Vibe ?
Composite reminds me of Smart Parts.
Better off getting a used Geo IMHO,
this one has that proprietary reg and composite frame.

:ninja:

joez
11-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Incredible that these are out there now, almost direct imitations.

hill160881
11-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Someone should compile a list of the Automag imitators.

Mini
Axe
TPX
Phenom
DP G3, G4, Threshold, rev-i, e1

Some help, I know there are more.

KurtPB
11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Can you say Vibe ?
Composite reminds me of Smart Parts.
Better off getting a used Geo IMHO,
this one has that proprietary reg and composite frame.

:ninja:

Automags have/had a proprietary reg and composite frame. :cheers:

sjrtk
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Automags have/had a proprietary reg and composite frame. :cheers:

Your point is valid, but i haven't seen PE pick up a miata with there composite frame and their reg isn't built in to the valve. :D

cockerpunk
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM

the mini/axe is most certainly not a automag derived design. it is built of the king cobra from japan.

the etha isn't really an automag. it uses similar concepts, and you can certainly get from the automag to etha in design steps, but i wouldn't call it authomag based.

the g3 and DP, freestyle, and tib guns like that are much more automag-like then etha or mini.

sjrtk
11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
it uses similar concepts

I think that is all that was implied.

tigar19
11-10-2011, 01:27 PM
I ran about 3-4 hoppers through it at the Mobsters game this past weekend at Ft. Knox Paintball, IN. I normally run with my SLs, so it was difficult not to compare.

It felt great in my hands and the fringer grooves made it a lot better. The trigger is nice and definately smoother than my ETek3. We received it used so we didn't know how many shots have been through it nor did we know the last time it received a fresh lubing, we just took it out of the box and played it all weekend. I only broke one ball and I later found out that I had some broken ones in my pod, so most likely it was broken before hand.

I have only one negative thing to say about it. The paint we were using had everyone sizing their barrel to a .687. The stock barrel size of .693 caused the shots to arc. At one point during the game, I was on one knee firing at a bunker ~55 feet away. Standing above me was my teammate shooting his Ego at the same bunker. His shots were flying straight as an arrow while mine had an obvious arc to it. I swapped barrels to an Ultralite with a .687 back and the arc disappeared.

Other than that, it is definately a reliable, fun to shoot, and affordable marker that has the best company in the industry standing behind it.

MeŠiCX
11-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I ran about 3-4 hoppers through it at the Mobsters game this past weekend at Ft. Knox Paintball, IN. I normally run with my SLs, so it was difficult not to compare.

Was that the same one I checked out during the awards? It was interesting.

tigar19
11-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Yup, I'm pretty sure we were the only ones on the field with the Etha.

I just noticed your title. That was an awesome Sunday playing with you guys. Every YoYo that was there is still talking about the hot insertion/reinsertion at the green box. Good times. :cheers:

MeŠiCX
11-11-2011, 08:31 PM
It was a blast! One of the most fun games I've played in some time. You gys should hit a Sherwood game next season...

Back on topic. How was the efficiency of that Etha last weekend?