PDA

View Full Version : Pressure differences throught a mag?

SkElL~ObIsSiS
02-15-2002, 12:58 PM
My teamate has an Impulse and he was yellin at me saying that there was no way a mags bolt operatioing pressure was comparable to his, only 60 psi....I saw this information in another deep blue thread. I believe it was "pressure on a lil ball" or something along those lines. Give me a lil amunition to put this Smat Parts freak back where he belongs . jok

Tony

Cha0tic
02-15-2002, 04:22 PM
ok, do a search on the posts in deep blue and you will find all your info...

Miscue
02-16-2002, 10:13 AM
Yeap... pressure in barrel is at 60psi... and that's what counts. Extremes and next gen mags will be made specifically to handle brittle paint as good as any other gun... it's comin. :)

hitech
02-19-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by AGD

60 psi for the mag and the impulse
95 pis for angel
45 for matrix
110 for autococker

AGD

Rock Star
02-19-2002, 05:24 PM
The bolt pushs the ball i think 300-400 psi. i heard that somewhere

Cha0tic
02-19-2002, 10:13 PM
no rock star, 60psi behind the bolt...

AGD
02-19-2002, 11:41 PM
I will clear this up. Firstly the bolt is being pushed forward with the 375 psi in the chamber. The bolt is being pushed with about 18 lbs of force but this will change in the upcoming versions. The force behind the bolt really does not matter it is bolt speed that counts.

The air blast behind the ball after the bolt pushes it in the breach is about 60 lbs for the Mag and the Impulse. According to many this is the reason you buy a low pressure marker. I am sure the Impulse guy will find some way to argue with you on all of this I would just let it go.

AGD

Manuel_FZR
02-22-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by AGD
(...)
The bolt is being pushed with about 18 lbs of force but this will change in the upcoming versions. The force behind the bolt really does not matter it is bolt speed that counts.

AGD

But will the Mag then be slower? btw - the Mag is the fastest gun on the market, so some bps less is not the point :D

And: ... I´m verry curious about the technical innovations of the Xtreme. We need more infos ;)

vertices
05-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Not to bring up an old thread but I have a question.

You are saying that the mag shoots a ball with only 60 psi??

I dont understand. I thought the mag ran around 400 psi and the ball was shot with 400 psi.

I therefore thought that an unregulated blowback such as a spyder or tippmann shot the ball with 800psi. I understood this as a high pressure gun "smacked" the ball with 800psi to get it up to speed and a low pressure gun "gently accelerated" the ball with around 200 psi to get it up to speed.

Is this not correct? Is the ball actually being shot with a much lower psi even in an unregulated gun? How is this possible?

AGD
05-28-2002, 09:30 PM
You are listening to people who just dream up stories so you will buy their stuff. Enough people repeat it and it MUST be true.

In fact NO GUN we have ever measured shoot the paintballs with over 125 psi peak pressure behind the ball no matter what the chamber pressure. We put a sensor behind the ball and measure it so we know. You can see a graph of it in the data thread.

Yes we have tuned our blast to peak at 60 psi behind the ball. The lowest we ever measured was the Matrix at 45 psi and the cocker and angel are around 100 psi.

It is possible because not all the air is vented instantly behind the paintball. It takes time to release the air and as the pressure builds up the ball takes off down the barrel.

AGD

BlackVCG
05-28-2002, 09:46 PM
You guys have to realize that the air expands through the bolt and behind the ball when the air is released. Not all the air in the valve/chamber is released and it is released in a a controlled manner so that the pressure behind the ball results in the numbers shown.

vertices
05-28-2002, 11:30 PM
Wow!! I never knew that. Thanks Tom! Last time I start listening to peeps who don't what they are talking about. Thanx again!!

(and I sold my emag to get a freeflow *smacks himself against the forehead doh!!*)