PDA

View Full Version : Emag Trigger Design

luke
10-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Triggers are done! (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260688)

Final Designs:

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/LukesCustomsAGDEmagTriggers.jpg

Added the stock AGD trigger for reference.

wetwrks
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Looks nice. :D

GRAYGHOST
10-23-2011, 03:51 PM
what about a sabre style design with out the center ridge for your finger separation what ever you end up with i will take one

luke
10-23-2011, 04:04 PM
what about a sabre style design with out the center ridge for your finger separation what ever you end up with i will take one

What is a Saber Style?

GRAYGHOST
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
wide at the top tapering down to the bottom with a forward sweep

luke
10-23-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure how much room can be shaved off the center where the magnet and set screw sit, but the design sounds easy enough.

correia3
10-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Dig it.

FOOGLEMAN
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
What would be the price on these? tunablades are too 'spensive :c

luke
10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
What would be the price on these? tunablades are too 'spensive :c

Dont know yet, but the more I sell upfront the better deal I can do. ;)

luke
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
wide at the top tapering down to the bottom with a forward sweep

New pictures in the first post, is that close?

leloup
10-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I like the second style, what is your price point?

luke
10-23-2011, 09:27 PM
I like the second style, what is your price point?

That is dependant on how many are sold upfront...

luke
10-23-2011, 09:30 PM
I have another design in mind, I'll try and knock it out tomorrow morning...

OPBN
10-24-2011, 06:35 AM
I like the second one as well. Are you planning on with or without roller bearings? I would prefer with.

Tropical Life
10-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Second style looks very clean, glad you stepping into the trigger department.

luke
10-24-2011, 08:53 AM
I like the second one as well. Are you planning on with or without roller bearings? I would prefer with.

Probably with, but nothing is set in stone yet. I'm just trying to see if there is a market them. :cool:

OPBN
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Probably with, but nothing is set in stone yet. I'm just trying to see if there is a market them. :cool:
One hurdle you might have it going up against others that offer anodizing for their triggers. I like your designs alot, but would be great to be able to get them at least anodized gloss or dust black. I know it's not your forte, but would be a nice option.

GRAYGHOST
10-24-2011, 12:26 PM
#2 looks good will take 1 depending on price

luke
10-24-2011, 12:40 PM
One hurdle you might have it going up against others that offer anodizing for their triggers. I like your designs alot, but would be great to be able to get them at least anodized gloss or dust black. I know it's not your forte, but would be a nice option.

When I started out years ago I sent 200 pieces to an anno shop, waited a month and when I got my parts they were pure crap, I ended up giving most of those parts away, sold at a hugely discounted rate or stripped them and sold them as raw parts. The owner would not take my calls so after a month I gave up. That was when I got into powdercoating, but that is not really a good substitute for anno IMHO.

If you look at most of the AO deals that have gone wrong there is usually an outside vender that’s screws up the process. I vowed years ago that I would never use outside venders on any of my projects. It may have hurt me here and there but I won’t have someone else controlling my operation. I can take an idea, model it, program, prototype, machine and ship in just a few days. Put an anno guy in the mix and that same project could take 2 months or more before it ships, I don’t have the patients for that.

I have been looking into options, but finishing lines cost $$. If sales ever resemble anything close to profit (Or if I could do a single project to pay for it) I would drop the dime but the customer support for custom parts just isn’t there in the numbers necessary to keep putting money into it. :(

OPBN
10-24-2011, 12:51 PM
When I started out years ago I sent 200 pieces to an anno shop, waited a month and when I got my parts they were pure crap, I ended up giving most of those parts away, sold at a hugely discounted rate or stripped them and sold them as raw parts. The owner would not take my calls so after a month I gave up. That was when I got into powdercoating, but that is not really a good substitute for anno IMHO.

If you look at most of the AO deals that have gone wrong there is usually an outside vender that’s screws up the process. I vowed years ago that I would never use outside venders on any of my projects. It may have hurt me here and there but I won’t have someone else controlling my operation. I can take an idea, model it, program, prototype, machine and ship in just a few days. Put an anno guy in the mix and that same project could take 2 months or more before it ships, I don’t have the patients for that.

I have been looking into options, but finishing lines cost $$. If sales ever resemble anything close to profit (Or if I could do a single project to pay for it) I would drop the dime but the customer support for custom parts just isn’t there in the numbers necessary to keep putting money into it. :(
I honestly don't know the price involved with setting up a single color ano line. I agree, I wouldn't outsource it either as it does seem to be the sticky wicket in the process. Seems like the biggest PITA's that I have had stemmed from waiting weeks/months for parts to come back from anodizing.

leloup
10-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I'll tell you right now, I am in the market for an emag trigger, but don't want to spend more than $50. If you can nail it down to less than that, I will take one of #2 for sure. I will also have an emag frame and rail to send to you for milling, so I can get the shipping all together.

OneSelfLost
10-24-2011, 02:12 PM
I'd take a #1 in a heartbeat! BTW, I got your emag panel, they look great! :cheers:

FOOGLEMAN
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Mmmm, gimme a pre-order for #3, nice curves on that one.

Axis
10-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Number 2 looks good for me. If the price isn't to high I'd be in for 1 or 2.

mrairman
10-24-2011, 09:04 PM
im interested looking good

sjrtk
10-25-2011, 07:26 PM
the looks of #3 are good actually what i was talking about with my discription in the other thread

sithos
10-25-2011, 09:31 PM
why so flat of a face?

These are the one's I'm making for the Axe right now. If you use a standard size radius, its just a couple of 2d paths and bam its done.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm240/element_pb/trigger2.jpg

Maghog
10-26-2011, 03:31 AM
Now I don't mean to be mean, but if you really want to go ahead and make a new trigger, why make it look like all the rest of them out there? Looking at it objectively, these are not triggers that make me go,"wow, I've got to have one of those."
What really bugs me is how everyone is already pushing the price around. Seriously, we spend tons of money on every upgrade possible for our equipment, then when it comes to the one thing that you ineract with the most, and you get cheap. Quit nitpicking and let the guy do his work. The price he asks for will be fair for sure.
From experience though Luke, you'll sell between 25-40 of them and that's it. So why bother?
I'd rather see a design that requires a little more work, one that costs a bit more, but in the end gives me a trigger that turns heads and is really fun to operate.
Think outside the box.
Dan@Triggernomics

leloup
10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
No doubt the price he charges will be fair according to the materiel and the time he puts in to it. But, some of us operate on a tight budget. I don't buy a trigger to turn heads, I buy for additional style and comfort. If I can get one at $50 or less, I'll buy. Any more and I will stick with the stock one. Many of us are motivated by prices and what we perceive to be acceptable. I would love to have one of yours Dan, but they were always far out of my range.

Maghog
10-26-2011, 09:32 AM
My point is that these triggers don't really offer much more than a stock one as it is. Sithos' stronger radius is definitely a better feel, and that's a big improvement to a stock trigger. You guys keep thinking of Triggernomics' expensive stuff with silver, gold and stones, but in the end I can do a snazzy aluminum trigger for under a hundred dollars. By hand.
Simplify the design a bit, make it CAD adaptable and you are looking at a piece around 75 dollars. It's comfortable and very stylish to boot. Believe me, I've thought about doing this, but for the work you have to put into it it's not making a big turn around when only 50 of you pick one up in the end. I'll stick to making them one by one by hand then.
We have thousands of Mag users, but how many really want a new trigger?
Dan

Justus
10-26-2011, 12:44 PM
If I hadn't picked up a Tunablade recently, then I'd be looking at #2 or #3. Honestly, though, I really like the stock AGD blade trigger on intelliframes. I wish AGD had made a simple blade trigger for the Emag. I know there were a handful of aftermarket Emag blades made, but I also heard there were problems with them actually working.

leloup
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
If I hadn't picked up a Tunablade recently, then I'd be looking at #2 or #3. Honestly, though, I really like the stock AGD blade trigger on intelliframes. I wish AGD had made a simple blade trigger for the Emag. I know there were a handful of aftermarket Emag blades made, but I also heard there were problems with them actually working.

My thoughts exactly. That is what I want for an emag.

Tropical Life
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
IMO, Like every new product that gets put out just price it accordingly to what effort and time in craftmanship you have on the item. The same goes with everything else in life you can buy a car, house,,boat, etc.... stock or you can buy it custom but never at the same price.

"You get what you pay for"

OPBN
10-31-2011, 06:36 AM
As a side note, I would also be interested in number 2 in a standard trigger as well.

luke
11-01-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm trying to find some time to do a prototype to dial in the working geometry on the Emag triggers, I hope to be able to get back on this project next week.

Automag ReTro
02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
As soon as the second design is available consider it sold.

luke
02-21-2012, 08:40 AM
These are on deck... ;)

sQuidvision
02-21-2012, 09:41 AM
I like #2 as well and happen to be in the market!

Automag ReTro
03-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Any news on the triggers?

knownothingmags
03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Are you going to do a 2d pathing on these as well to take the flatness of the trigger away?

luke
03-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Any news on the triggers?

Going to get back on these tomorrow. I have the materials, just have to get after it. :p

luke
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Are you going to do a 2d pathing on these as well to take the flatness of the trigger away?

I do plan on doing the heavy radius on the front edge like the Intelli triggers.

knownothingmags
03-12-2012, 10:19 PM
I do plan on doing the heavy radius on the front edge like the Intelli triggers.
thats awsome.

my termenology is off prolly.

i was using someone else words. :D

i of course have no idea what im talking about.

OPBN
03-13-2012, 06:24 AM
I think #2 would look better with a convex front surface rather than the flat surface. Any chance of this?

luke
03-13-2012, 09:37 AM
I think #2 would look better with a convex front surface rather than the flat surface. Any chance of this?

The front surface edge will have a heavy rounded edge like the my (edit) Intelli triggers, is that what you mean?
And #3 I'm going to change some for more finger room in the trigger guard.

luke
03-13-2012, 09:39 AM
thats awsome.

my termenology is off prolly.

i was using someone else words. :D

i of course have no idea what im talking about.

It was not really "off" I knew what you meant. :)

OPBN
03-13-2012, 09:48 AM
The front surface edge will have a heavy rounded edge like the Intelli triggers, is that what you mean?
And #3 I'm going to change some for more finger room in the trigger guard.
You mean like YOUR intelli triggers or the stock intelli triggers? If like yours, than yes thats what I mean.

luke
03-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Yes, I was referring to my new triggers. :)

luke
03-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Can anyone tell me how to remove the top magnet from stock trigger; are they just loctited in? I heated it up but them magnet didn’t budge.

C_losjoker
03-13-2012, 02:05 PM
All are nice, but really like 2. Also like the ones by.sithos, good work.

Justus
03-13-2012, 02:36 PM
When I (or someone else) asked about the top magnet a couple months back, the response was that it's epoxied in and you pretty much have to drill it out. It is the same magnet that's used in the top of the Emag frame for trigger return if you're trying to get a diameter.

luke
03-13-2012, 02:53 PM
When I (or someone else) asked about the top magnet a couple months back, the response was that it's epoxied in and you pretty much have to drill it out. It is the same magnet that's used in the top of the Emag frame for trigger return if you're trying to get a diameter.

Thanks

luke
03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I believe I have settled on a new design for the Emag Anker trigger. This is the fourth design since the one in the first post. This will be the prototype for the “working geometry” on my Emag triggers.

knownothingmags
03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
hell ya

Automag ReTro
03-14-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm diggin' it! Now just turn it into some metal :D

knownothingmags
03-14-2012, 10:21 PM
on a great note to anyone who wants to get triggers polished. or what have you.

all Luke's triggers polish up great. bling em or get em annod. i have all three he has come out with so far and plan to get the next 3 for the emag.

now after this cant wait to see the new ideas and projects you have in mind.

OPBN
03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Looks better. :cheers:

Nice plug KNM.

luke
03-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Programming is about done, gonna try and get the first prototype cut today, too bad I don’t have a working Emag to test it. :shooting:

OPBN
03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Programming is about done, gonna try and get the first prototype cut today, too bad I don’t have a working Emag to test it. :shooting:
The working one that I have is a little wonky at times. You pay for the shipping and I'd be willing to send it though.

luke
03-15-2012, 12:55 PM
We dont need air to test the trigger correct?

BigEvil
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
We dont need air to test the trigger correct?
Actually ..you should. Make sure that the trigger rod when set to the correct length does not bounce off the back of the the trigger.

OPBN
03-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Mine works, just seems to get intermittent leaks. Good thing about it is the frame pin comes out pretty easily.... or should I say unfortunately it ciomes out pretty easily.

luke
03-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Ha-ha, just realized a major design problem. :p

luke
03-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Ok here we go, the last design would not have worked, gonna have to go with this...

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/AGDEmagAnkerTriggerbyLukesCustoms.jpg

Automag ReTro
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
That one looks good too :cool:

Maghog
03-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Ok here we go, the last design would not have worked, gonna have to go with this...

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/AGDEmagAnkerTriggerbyLukesCustoms.jpg

Now that's a nice design. I knew you had it in you.
Keep up the good work.
Dan@Triggernomics

Automag ReTro
03-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Available?

luke
03-22-2012, 08:47 AM
I just finished up changes on the other two designs yesterday. Just need to do the programming on them (last two, this one is done) today, then I'll get them cut. I have materials so I'm shooting for no later than early need week.

luke
03-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Final Designs:

http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii405/mtumbleson/LukesCustomsAGDEmagTriggers.jpg

I believe we are finally on the home stretch here! I've tweaked these many times over and believe I have maximized as much finger room I can and still do something with a little shape.
Knownothingmags has been doing the testing for me (many thanks!) and I believe these are dialed in with the exception one small change then we are off to the races!
I want to get the last prototype off to him this week for final testing, then I will knock these out.

No pre orders necessary, as these will be kept in inventory.

RT Lover
03-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Final Designs:

argo looks very cool :headbang:

C_losjoker
03-28-2012, 12:46 PM
argo looks very cool :headbang:

Damn it, I agree.

knownothingmags
03-28-2012, 01:35 PM
yeah buddy.

OPBN
03-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Any ETA?

luke
03-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Still waiting on a package from knownothingmags so I can make the final change. :)

luke
04-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I have 3 triggers in the mail to knownothingmags for final testing. As soon as I get the green light we'll get this project done! :cool:

luke
04-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Got a green light on these last night, going to try and knock some out today. :cool:

luke
04-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Machining is about finished; all that remains is the magnet holes. I'm on a different project tomorrow, may try and finish up Sunday... :cheers:

knownothingmags
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Machining is about finished; all that remains is the magnet holes. I'm on a different project tomorrow, may try and finish up Sunday... :cheers:
Yeah buddy new stuff.

venom designs shoould take a.page from your book luke :D

luke
04-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Triggers are done!

Dealer thread.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=260688

:cheers: