PDA

View Full Version : 215fps to low to RT?

drewwho
10-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi, just wondering why my Automag RT with x valve will barely RT. and when it does its for like 4 balls. i had my mag shipped to me here in germany and have to shoot at low fps at the indoor field i play at. is that why it wont RT? or is it the input psi? i am runing mine at 900psi cuze i thought that would help it at RT ing. somebody help me out i am a super noob with these guns.

ScreamingShiek
10-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Shorter pins will RT better at 900 psi. Some of the people I know who use mags run theirs with pins shorter than .712 with less than 900 input and have no trouble RTing. Try the gold spring, loosen the thumbscrew, make sure it's properly oiled, and turn the velocity up to above 250 and you should get something out of it. If those don't work, a shorter on/off pin will usually do the trick.

redlaser666
10-29-2011, 12:00 PM
^ He cant increase velocity because of german law.

OP - Im in germany if you need help with it. Higher input will help. If you have an adjustable try going up in 50psi increments until it gets to where you want.

I would try pressure before you mess with the on/off pin.

sjrtk
10-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Shorter pins will RT better at 900 psi. Some of the people I know who use mags run theirs with pins shorter than .712 with less than 900 input and have no trouble RTing.

Me^

Measure your on/off pin. It should be .750 if it hasn't been changed. Just take a file to the bottom of you on off pin (the skinny end) and go slow and measure often. That will get you RT'ing faster with the tank you have. If you can just try to get a Emag on/off pin shipped to you and just swap it out. Should do the trick... ohh and oil plenty of oil.

ScreamingShiek
10-29-2011, 04:00 PM
^ He cant increase velocity because of german law.

OP - Im in germany if you need help with it. Higher input will help. If you have an adjustable try going up in 50psi increments until it gets to where you want.

I would try pressure before you mess with the on/off pin.

I missed that part. Hopefully just a shorter pin or higher input will do the job.

athomas
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Lower velocity should work fine. It actually increases the pressure differential which helps the reactiveness. You can simulate a shorter on-off pin by putting a level 10 shim in between the on-off halves. Each shim added is the equivalent of shaving 0.01" off you pin. You can only add a couple of shims though, or it will squeeze the on-off oring and create friction on the pin which will decrease its perfomance.

You regulator and air lines feeding the gun have a lot to do with the ability to be reactive. There needs to be good air flow. High pressure does not mean good air flow. They are two different things and often get mixed up.

icp-ms
11-03-2011, 05:57 AM
You can put a spacer to the Volume Chamber, so you can run the gun aut the same pressure with lower velocity.

like this
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256468

Ich könnte dir einen bauen :P

Ando
11-03-2011, 07:13 AM
^^^That's not going to help his situation at all. ^^^

What you need to do is run the gold spring with FPS that low and like what some have already said either more PSI to the marker or shorten your on/off pin. Might want to switch to a lvl 7 bolt system as well.

A file on your on/off pin will take forever. Use a dremal, they'll cut the time by 1000%. Set it to around .730. That should get the marker rolling with 900 PSI.