PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve

bud_browner
02-15-2002, 05:03 PM
Does the Retro valve make your gun a reactive trigger?? As in firing when you pull and then when you realese. Because i heard that you cant use that in most tourneys.

56kSomeGuy
02-15-2002, 05:08 PM
No the retro valve does not make the gun have reactive trigger. All the retro valve does is recharge alot faster than a standard valve thus speeding up your rof.

Cha0tic
02-15-2002, 05:09 PM
the trigger bounces back when you pull it. this allows you to shoot it very fast.

RT 01037
02-15-2002, 05:21 PM
56kSomeGuy yes it does.
the retro valve will be reactive alot more reactive than a stock mag valve. it will have alot more bounce and will recharge faster. if you now have a stock mag valve you will feel and see a big change.

SoupRman
02-15-2002, 05:27 PM
for every pull&release of the trigger the marker fires 1.0 paintball(s) out of the marker. this makes it tourney legal. what it will do is push the trigger forward with twice the force, thus making you have a higher rate of fire.

what you are getting confused by is autoresponce, which is 1 fire on pull, 1 on release. which is illegal in most tourneys.

Butterfingers
02-15-2002, 05:32 PM
There is a difrence between a reactive trigger and an autoresponse trigger... Alot of people have confused these two things.

A reactive trigger like in the automag RT which is the same as the retrovalve internally will push your finger back with more force than you pulled it with. Say you pull with 2 lbs it will push back with 4 lbs. Yes the retro valve will do this.

An autoresponse trigger is a trigger that fires once on the pull and once again on the release. NO, the retro valve will not do this. This has been mistakenly mislabeled as "reactive" by many people.

Drizit
02-15-2002, 05:45 PM
good... well i guess i don't have to say it, as others already have.

bud_browner
02-15-2002, 09:13 PM
Thanks alot for your help. Some buddies of mine told me that spending the 280 is stupid cause i wont be able to use it in the tournys. but you cleared it all up and i think i will go retro.

Paintchucker
02-15-2002, 09:17 PM
I think Tippmann has a trigger do-hicky thing that they call the RT as well. It is like a little dial on the side of the gun trigger and you can set it for like 3-5 shots. Since there is no way to lock it down for a tourney, it is illegal. I think that is where the confusion comes from too. I have heard a couple people say "the RT Trigger is illegal" ...

Edit: Found this link, may help clarify...

Tippmann RT Trigger Review (http://www.pbreview.com/552/1/0/)

SoupRman
02-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Paintchucker
I think Tippmann has a trigger do-hicky thing that they call the RT as well. It is like a little dial on the side of the gun trigger and you can set it for like 3-5 shots. Since there is no way to lock it down for a tourney, it is illegal. I think that is where the confusion comes from too. I have heard a couple people say "the RT Trigger is illegal" ...

for the little 3-5 shot thingy it might be the e-bolt for the tippy? not sure. but the RT for the tippman is illegal because you can bounce teh trigger like nothing. when the retro you can adjust the reactiveness to have little to no bounce if not allowed.