PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions

pnzrkity
11-16-2011, 05:51 PM
First- Where can I get a twistlock to threaded adapter?

Second- I have an x valve that when I air up and fire it fires great as long as I keep shooting. When I stop I lose pressure and it wont fire. I have to turn the air off then on again and it will fire again until I stop.

Cheers

sjrtk
11-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Doc Nickle makes the adapters. I think he is the only one who still makes them. Kind of hard to get a hold of most of the time he puts a handful up on Ebay now and then or you can check his store but i don't think it is back on line yet. The link is through the http://the-whiteboard.com/ .

As far as the x valve problem i am not sure but oil it heavily and see what happens with it. Don't forget to directly oil the on off. sometimes the orings will stick.

athomas
11-18-2011, 06:05 AM
You valve problem sounds like bolt stick. It could be exaggerated by the cooling of the chamber pressure.

When a retro/X valve is firing/recharging, it heats the air up a bit. When the air cools, it will be a slightly lower temperature and a slightly lower pressure as a result. If your valve has a tiny bit of bolt stick, or is using a bolt spring that is too stiff for the pressure/velocity you are using, the lower pressure may be too low to fire the gun. You can check the theory by turning up the velocity and see if it works more consistently.

pnzrkity
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
thanks y'all