PDA

View Full Version : N.C. paintball

93klauss
12-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Headed near durham towards the end of dec :clap: , was thinking about checking out predator pball. Anyone from that area, know the field or any place I should really check out while im in the area?

Thx
:cheers:

93klauss
12-06-2011, 01:43 PM
:D So no one plays paintball in NC!!!

chill will
12-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I am in NC, but i have not played at predator. I have not played in a couple of years, but checkout the websote below. It use to be a very active site with alot of guys who rocked MAGS.

Fields I think are still open and I know are nice:

BR Paintball 40min from Raleigh

They also have a field in Fayetteville 1 hour drive

Command Decisions 2-3 hours from Raleigh
They have a big game at the end of year with 500-1000 players. You might have missed it.

Splatbrothers (This is in VA) 2-3 hour drive

http://www.carolinapaintballers.com/

There are more I just cant think of them, or their closed

68magOwner
12-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I admittedly haven't been to Predator in at least 12 months. But myself the boys at NCSU used to go pretty regularly. Our normal trip out there usually entailed the field owner waking up an hour after the field was supposed to be open. Us blowing up our own field. Typically playing with whoever we brought, and the three local guys who were always there. Paint was outrageously expensive ($60-$80/case)

Most of the play I have been doing recently has been either at Real McCoys, or Paintball Central.

McCoys is your average (around here at least) down home field in a red necks backyard. Has a pretty fun hyperball field and a decent airball field. Very relaxed play, Junior (field owner) is just a good, honest guy. Fair prices. If your planning on stopping in, you may want to scope around on the pbnation thread (NC forum) to make sure there is a crowd going out that weekend. Then again, on a slow day, Junior has been known to break out a few shotguns and do some skeet/pod blasting that can be almost as fun.

Paintball Central (greensboro location), consistently has a crowd. Really nice mounds field, recently redone woodsball and pipes field, both of which are very nice. Turf Xball field. Always a crowd. Easily the most organized field in the area. Prices can be steep though.

93klauss
12-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Well thanks for the insider info. It will def help make my decision. Have to do more searching but central sounds like the safe bet. :cheers: