PDA

View Full Version : lvl 7 on an ULE body

Wayne
12-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Ok so I have a ule body,rt valve, and lvl 10. Have any of you seen where you switch back to a level 7 bolt and not have chop issues. I would like to go back to a level 7 to increase air efficiency. I use a halo so that should prevent chops but wanted your thoughts. Thanks.

pimped mag 01
12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Ok so I have a ule body,rt valve, and lvl 10. Have any of you seen where you switch back to a level 7 bolt and not have chop issues. I would like to go back to a level 7 to increase air efficiency. I use a halo so that should prevent chops but wanted your thoughts. Thanks.

You should have zero issues my man

-Brett-

Wayne
12-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I thought I may, but before I tested I wanted some input. I am sure there are some on here who have done this.

chill will
12-07-2011, 10:19 PM
You should have zero issues my man

-Brett-

What he said.

athomas
12-08-2011, 08:53 AM
There is always a possibility of chops, even with a Halo. If the Halo pushes the paint farther into the breach so that the next ball in the stack is sitting partially in the breach, then the next ball could get cracked. The level 10 typically prevents this, but a level 7 won't. If you use paint that isn't too small, and keep the detents in good shape, you should be fine with a level 7 bolt and a Halo.

What is wrong with your air efficiency? A proper barrel selection is more critical for saving air than switching back to a level 7 bolt. Find a barrel that has a long unported back section. If needed, wrap your barrel with tape to cover the back ports. This will maintain the air pressure behind the ball better and give you better efficiency. Also, make sure the front section inside diameter is not too large. If it is, too much air escapes around the ball even if you do cover the vent holes. Smaller balls exaggerate this problem.