PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of DM11

nathanjones008
12-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I am really thinking about buying one new! Has anyone shot one or seen one on the field?
Thoughts? Opinions?

P.s. The reason i have never owned a DM I have only owen a PMR08. So i have nothing to compare it with.

Thanks team.
Nathan

IrishRedneck86
12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
My old team used to play on a field in Guam when I was active duty and the Field owners team is sponsored by DYE. So I got to see and shoot the DM11's just before they hit the market.

They shoot great and are really smooth shooting and fast. They are pretty light and the UL grip frame is nice just a little slim for my taste but thats just personal preference. They are a great gun if you love a true modern spoolie. I just cant for the life of me no matter what can get a spoolie to be as efficient as they claim them to be maybe its just me cause I dont like to mess with the board settings all to much. So if I want fast and inefficient I keep to my mags lol. But I have seen them be pretty efficient in someone else's hands, almost comparable to some new poppets. Again they are very smooth feel great and very quick.

As for up keep and maintenance it can be pretty daunting, due to all the o-rings in the bolt and firing can but really its not bad you just gotta make sure any old lube and paint is removed then make sure you use enough lube but not too much because with the DMs not enough lube and you get bolt stick and too much lube and you get bolt stick they can be pretty finicky. I only use hater sauce or marmalade for any spoolie I have used or owned.

nathanjones008
12-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Was it very quiet compared to a mag?

going_home
12-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Never used a DM.
I hear they have a ton of o rings.
I dont know though, I take my electronic markers to the local pro shop for maintenance.

I picked up an almost new Planet Eclipse Geo+ on Craigslist and Its been my workhorse for a while now.
Never any problems, and the more I shoot it the better air efficiency it gets.

Course I never mess with any settings or anything myself, just turn it on and watch the money run out the end of the barrel.

It doesnt seem any louder than my mags, but then again, I use an Apex2 on everything.

;)

IrishRedneck86
12-10-2011, 05:07 PM
As for sound signature most of its the barrel but I did try my normal mag barrel on one and people listening for the shots said compared to a well tuned mag its not quite as quiet but close.

pimped mag 01
12-11-2011, 01:57 PM
While I don't own a DM11, I do own an NYX matrix And Its pretty efficient, All you have to do I find the proper dwell settings and you can get quite a few pods out of them. As far as maintenance, they are super low. All you have to do Is keep it greased once a day when you play and you're golden. I'd have a DM11 right now if I didn't get an Ego11 for super cheap. The Matrices have a sound signature that changes depending on which bolt kit you have in it, Mine with a Dye UL is super quiet

-Brett-

68magOwner
12-12-2011, 01:05 AM
I do not have a ton of personal experience with the Dm11. But I did just get rid of a DM10, which, from what I understand, is pretty comparable.

I have never been much for matrices, but I have to say, I was very impressed with the marker. Efficiency wasn't bad at all, and overall comfort/performance was outstanding.

At the end of the day, I am just more of an eclipse guy and traded it for an sl94. The matrix was smoother, and quieter, but the build of the ego caters much more to my personal preference.

It seems that in todays market of high end markers, you really can not go wrong.

nathanjones008
12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Thank you for everyones input! I Just ordered a new DM 11 with a free rotor! :shooting: