PDA

View Full Version : Micromag Foregrip Extender?

DeuceSV
12-11-2011, 07:42 PM
I need one... do they exist? Could Luke make one exist?

(Don't make me cut up a Z-frame) :ninja:

wetwrks
12-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Luke already has them and they fit with a ZGrip

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0007.htm

:D

BiNumber3
12-12-2011, 12:31 PM
He meant for the Micromag body, there was a picture of someone with a Z on a micro, and the trigger guard pretty much goes up to the mounting area.

Only way I see adding an extender would be to modify the body (or frame), which I doubt you'd want to do.

Another option is that you could get a plate that mounts to the bottom of the z-grip, and extends forward, so you could mount a foregrip upside down, no moddifications of the body or gripframe:) Might look a little odd but you have a z grip so it'd look odd either way lol
And as a bonus you could get this plate as long as you want and angle it however you want.

EDIT: was looking at lukes, and it looks like with some of the mounts, you could drill new holes so you could set em up to go under the trigger frame pretty easily.

DeuceSV
12-12-2011, 01:05 PM
He meant for the Micromag body, there was a picture of someone with a Z on a micro, and the trigger guard pretty much goes up to the mounting area.

Only way I see adding an extender would be to modify the body (or frame), which I doubt you'd want to do.

Another option is that you could get a plate that mounts to the bottom of the z-grip, and extends forward, so you could mount a foregrip upside down, no moddifications of the body or gripframe:) Might look a little odd but you have a z grip so it'd look odd either way lol
And as a bonus you could get this plate as long as you want and angle it however you want.

EDIT: was looking at lukes, and it looks like with some of the mounts, you could drill new holes so you could set em up to go under the trigger frame pretty easily.

That would be bad-ass! :headbang: What would I do about an on/off that would normally go to the bottom of the frame? Or in my case, a drop forward?

Edit: It took me a second to visualize, but I suppose just longer screws would be in order. I could go from the ASA/drop through Luke's extender, into the frame?

Edit 2: Any idea of a foregrip that wouldn't blatantly look like it was upside down, even though it will be?

DeuceSV
12-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Also, this might have been the one you were referring to:

http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89393

BiNumber3
12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Yep, just get some longer screws for the asa, though you may need to modify the mount so it all fits together smooth.
As for the foregrip, Luke's extenders are made for am/mm, so you could do a number of things, even go gas-thru if you wanted:)
If you don't want gas-through then those CF foregrips so many people have might look good, or perhaps a Custom Products (the longer round wavy gas-thrus they make)

DeuceSV
12-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I've got a bike grip. so I suppose I could just use that.

wetwrks
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM
My choice for upside down would be one of these:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/wetwrks/P1010007-8.jpg