PDA

View Full Version : Pumps with antidouble feed?

RavishingEddie
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi guys,

After owning an SL68 for so many years and selling it I have decided to get back into the pump game. I have been looking around for a pump marker that has the anti double feed feature, where if you load a ball into the breech it will not allow you to cock the handle again until after you shoot the ball.

Is there any pump out there that has this feature besides the SL68 2?

splat15k
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Pump mag of course! :) It won't stop you from pumping after the first, but after 100 pumps you'll still only have 1 ball in the chamber.

georgeyew
12-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I know that the old Trracers have the double pump feature, and I am assuming that the new Empire Trracer has it as well. I know the Phantoms do not.

BiNumber3
12-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Ooh, think i want that trracer, can take first strikes and doesnt cost too much:D

DeuceSV
12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Just don't pump again until after you've shot someone :ninja:

sjrtk
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I second the pump mag. It can only load 1 ball. But they are kind of hard to build since you need to find to find a kit for sale.

BiNumber3
12-13-2011, 07:53 PM
You can find a pump mag or two for sale at any time though, usually:)
There are a couple on mcarterbrown atm

Very smooth strokes on the ones i've used, and can easily be converted back and forth between semi n pump should you want

zondo
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
I have a phantom modified with two timmy/spyder detents on the bottom that do this and prevent roll outs.

DeuceSV
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
You can find a pump mag or two for sale at any time though, usually:)
There are a couple on mcarterbrown atm

Very smooth strokes on the ones i've used, and can easily be converted back and forth between semi n pump should you want

I saw you just snagged that pump on Mcarter. Looked nice and clean.. :argh:

RavishingEddie
12-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Wow. I had no idea that Pump mags allowed you to prevent you from double feeding the ball even after you cocked the handle back multiple times. :eek: How does this work. I am trying to imagine how it works but I can't.

If someone could explain please! I am very interested now in building something awesome. :cheers:

BiNumber3
12-13-2011, 11:41 PM
yea, was trying to not get it as I just picked up a mag from here, but couldnt resist lol

as for the mag not double feeding, the bolt doesnt move until you pull the trigger, so the ball stays put, and no extra balls get loaded

DeuceSV
12-13-2011, 11:43 PM
yea, was trying to not get it as I just picked up a mag from here, but couldnt resist lol

as for the mag not double feeding, the bolt doesnt move until you pull the trigger, so the ball stays put, and no extra balls get loaded

I'll take it off your hands if you need rid of it. right my name down. :ninja:

Edit: write* not right... silly me

BiNumber3
12-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Hehe, may be a while as it'll be my only pump, replacing a pumpmag i sold a while back:)

RavishingEddie
12-14-2011, 03:58 AM
Okay this might be a silly question but are pump mags still high pressure guns?

How many pump kits have been released?

BiNumber3
12-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Yep still high pressure, don't remember shot count but I was always able to get quite a bit off a 12 gram, probably not 40 shots per though.

Think I've seen about 4 different kits, there may have been more.
AGD has a pumpkit
One by Rainman on mcarterbrown
One by Jay, think it's the Cerberus one
And X-15

Not sure if any of these will be easy to find unless you buy a mag with it already on

And just an FYI if you decide to build, just know you'll need to mill a body and a rail to take a pumpkit.

Darring D
12-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Wow. I had no idea that Pump mags allowed you to prevent you from double feeding the ball even after you cocked the handle back multiple times. :eek: How does this work. I am trying to imagine how it works but I can't.

If someone could explain please! I am very interested now in building something awesome. :cheers:

KPCustoms - May 11, 2005 03:08 AM (GMT)

On a Pump Mag there is a "wave" spring that sits behind the bolt. This will stop the bolt from catching the sear. The pump rod on the pump handle push's the bolt back enough for the sear to catch the bolt. Thats really it.. To make it a semi again is just remove the "wave" spring and your back to semi.

Ken W

As Ken posted many moons ago. So the wave spring is the key. Once you set the sear with the first pump stroke and a ball drops in front you are done. Any additional strokes just moves the pump arm but doesn't move the bolt.

Hope this helps.