PDA

View Full Version : Nickel/chrome plated PTP MM bodies

OPBN
12-16-2011, 12:43 PM
I have a Gen2/3 MM body that is chrome plated. I remember someone saying that these older bodies had a steel sleeve inside the body that had to be pressed out prior to stripping/anodizing. Looking at this one though, I don't see it. There is a step up from the back part of the rail as it transitions smaller, but there can't be any way this is an insert. It would leave the outside of the body wayyyy too thin. Were the chromed bodies treated differently and not sleeved?

C_losjoker
12-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I was wondering on this too. opbn hope you don't mind me tagging on, just have a some questions.

if you did not take out the ring before ano, what would happen? color not come out right, mess up the ring , mess up the body?

and instead of taking the ring out, can you just plug up the body? its not like the inside needs to be ano correct?

OPBN
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM
I was wondering on this too. opbn hope you don't mind me tagging on, just have a some questions.

if you did not take out the ring before ano, what would happen? color not come out right, mess up the ring , mess up the body?

and instead of taking the ring out, can you just plug up the body? its not like the inside needs to be ano correct?
IIRC, you must take out the ring as the acid in the stripping process will literally dissolve the steel parts.