PDA

View Full Version : Pneuing an M90

OPBN
12-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I have an M90 that I installed Tuna blade on that I was intending to Pneu. I noticed that the plaement of the trigger stop on the trigger is at the same exact location as the hole you would use for the trigger rod if you were pneuing the frame.... Will this trigger not work in the M90?

Ando
12-22-2011, 06:28 PM
A tuna blade will not work on that frame

OPBN
12-22-2011, 06:30 PM
A tuna blade will not work on that frame
Not good. What will?

BigEvil
12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
If you are putting a trigger in there and the lower set screw lines up with the hole for the pneu actuator.. you dont have a Magnus trigger.

OPBN
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
If you are putting a trigger in there and the lower set screw lines up with the hole for the pneu actuator.. you dont have a Magnus trigger.
As mentioned, its a Tuna Blade, not a Magnus trigger. What triggers will work beside a Magnus trigger as those dont seem to be available.

BigEvil
12-22-2011, 11:14 PM
As mentioned, its a Tuna Blade, not a Magnus trigger. What triggers will work beside a Magnus trigger as those dont seem to be available.

A tunablade is an emag trigger and will not even physically fit into a mech frame because it is much wider than a mech trigger. Im pretty sure that you can use an agd i blade and just have trigger stops installedby luke.

OPBN
12-23-2011, 07:50 AM
A tunablade is an emag trigger and will not even physically fit into a mech frame because it is much wider than a mech trigger. Im pretty sure that you can use an agd i blade and just have trigger stops installedby luke.
Hmmm. I thought it was a Tunablade. Who else made triggers with roller berrings?

cougar20th
12-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Are you thinking RPG Viperblade? Thats close looking to a tunablade. I think the "Pro" version had bearings

If the set screw lines up with the pnue rod hole and you are making a pnuemag it should work You would just be pushing the pnue rod with the setscrew instead of the trigger itself. I would loctite that screw in place. For a mech frame the trigger should work but you would lose the use of said setscrew. Now that said I havent tryed a viperblade in my M90. I made sure to get one of each magnus trigger.

Ando
12-23-2011, 08:05 AM
There are plenty of mech triggers out there. Any of them should work. Like BE said, if your wanting stops. They can be easily done by you or someone else like luke or even Tuna.

zondo
12-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Pics would help in seeing what you do have.

OPBN
12-23-2011, 10:26 AM
I made sure to get one of each magnus trigger.
Unfortunately, I am not the original owner of the frame or I probably would have as well. Had I known not all triggers would work with the frame, I may have backed away.

Here is a pic of the trigger:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/trgger002.jpg

cougar20th
12-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Thats a viperblade, you could us it I guess just wouldnt have a rear travel stop other then the pnuematics inside the frame.

I would just get a shorter setscrew so it would make fitting a trigger rod back to the pneumatics.

IrishRedneck86
12-23-2011, 02:18 PM
If I had that trigger in my M90 heres what I would do the way the trigger stop is lined up with the rod hole I would thread the trigger rod for it to trip the 3way and put a good spring behind the 3way lever for a strong return

OPBN
12-23-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm just going to put it back on one of my other mags and get a new one made.

Thanks for the help/info.