PDA

View Full Version : What happens if there's a broken c-clip in my Emag?

Justus
12-27-2011, 05:12 PM
I took the grips off my Emag lowers and the solenoid c-clip fell out in two pieces. Is my marker completely out of commission until I can get a new c-clip ordered and installed?

I think it may have been broken for some time now, but maybe a day before I took the grips off and found it broken I had shot about 50 dry fire shots when testing out my AO/Ninja 1100 psi reg. I didn't have a problem with any of the dry firing.

Was I lucky that it even fired? Did I possibly do more damage? If it seems to be working okay without the c-clip, do I need to be in a big hurry to get a new one?

sjrtk
12-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I took the grips off my Emag lowers and the solenoid c-clip fell out in two pieces. Is my marker completely out of commission until I can get a new c-clip ordered and installed?

I think it may have been broken for some time now, but maybe a day before I took the grips off and found it broken I had shot about 50 dry fire shots when testing out my AO/Ninja 1100 psi reg. I didn't have a problem with any of the dry firing.

Was I lucky that it even fired? Did I possibly do more damage? If it seems to be working okay without the c-clip, do I need to be in a big hurry to get a new one?

You can get the c clip (actually E clip) at just about any hardware store. Sorry i don't have the part number off hand but my local ACE hardware has them.

maniacmechanic
12-27-2011, 06:31 PM
I had one knock the cover off the bottom of the solenoid , it does limit the bottom of the stroke

Ando
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
You don't need the clip. It'll fire with or with out it.