PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is a Micromag?

Alkafeltser
01-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Okay, so I used to play paintball about 15-20 years ago (back when shockers and angels were prototypes) and mags/cockers were kings. Had an original automag RT once upon a time. Kinda regret selling that little girl now lol.

I might start playing again and was looking at mags. I have a question though. I understand the difference between auto/minimags but what exactly is a micromag? Thanks all and sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Also, I was thinking of buying a basic, used automag so I can customize it/upgrade it as I want. If I wanted a Tac-one body eventually, I could just buy the top and it will fit on the automag frame and all the internal components fit, right?

OPBN
01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Micromags are aftermarket bodies and complete markers produced by PTP that were a unibody body/rail combo. There were several revisions made in the late 90's and early 00's. Recently there was a run of MM2K9 bodies made that was an updated design.

Here is a Gen4 Micromag body:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/Paintball021.jpg

Here is an MM2k9:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/mm2k9006.jpg

Alkafeltser
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
So it's mainly just the body that defines a micromag and all the internal workings are the same and the grip frame is whatever the owner wants to throw on it? Thanks man. Appreciate the quick response and not talking down to me, the idiot, like I'm retarded lol. BTW, if that mag in the 2nd pic belongs to you, congratulations. That thing looks sick!

athomas
01-06-2012, 06:15 PM
The valves are all Airgun Design AIR/Classic valves or retro valves or X-valves and are interchangeable on the bodies. The micromag comes in a powerfeed body for the early models. The micromag 2000 is a vertical feed body. The new micromag 2k9 has an adjustable breach that can be rotated for vertical feed, angled feed, or warp feed. All micromag bodies do not use an automag rail. The sear pin and sear mounts directly in the body itself, so you can bolt an AGD style grip frame directly onto the body and it will work. The barrel threads are autococker for greatest compatibility.

OPBN
01-06-2012, 11:14 PM
So it's mainly just the body that defines a micromag and all the internal workings are the same and the grip frame is whatever the owner wants to throw on it? Thanks man. Appreciate the quick response and not talking down to me, the idiot, like I'm retarded lol. BTW, if that mag in the 2nd pic belongs to you, congratulations. That thing looks sick!Thank you. Both are still with me. The MM2k9 was a MOTM runner up. It has one of the VER (electronic) frames on it and is one of my favorite markers. TBH, I havent used it much for fear of scratching it.

As far as talking down, why would i? You can't learn if you don't ask. And honestly, there are a lot of guys on here that know a heck of a lot more than I do about all things Automag. i'm still a noob.