PDA

View Full Version : help x-mag breech broke?

knownothingmags
01-06-2012, 05:33 PM
ok so i got a really nice euro mag in today.

took it apart to clean the old paint out of it.
and found problems with the breech.
there was a feedneck mod done to it.
and when i lossen the set screws it just pulls right out.
from what i know the feedneck mod was still supose to be pressfitted?
not sure.

ontop of all that where the neck sits is hacked up.

from what i saw i can put it back together and have it work but im afraid to run the marker
and end up maring or messing the body up or breech, and i have found no one who has an extra for sale.

please any help is needed and wanted.

i have some vids i made for some machinists to see if they can clean it up or if it is beyond cleaning up.
here are the videos--->
http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/?action=view&current=video-2012-01-06-14-55-37.mp4

http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/thetoolishere/?action=view&current=video-2012-01-06-14-30-01.mp4

thankyou and any help is apreciated.
KNM

correia3
01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't think the mod is supposed to be press-fit, hence the need for the set-screws. I am sure somebody else knows for sure. I would suggest you contact BigEvil. He has done a few of the mods and can probably advise you on this...GL.

knownothingmags
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't think the mod is supposed to be press-fit, hence the need for the set-screws. I am sure somebody else knows for sure. I would suggest you contact BigEvil. He has done a few of the mods and can probably advise you on this...GL.
yeah ill see what he knows,
im trying to get intouch with the guy who made them, or know much about them.
thanks,

anymore ideas let me know.
anyone is welcome here.

thanks,
KNM

knownothingmags
01-06-2012, 06:37 PM
yeah ill give him a try.

ahh double psot sorry

BigEvil
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
As Jules from Pulp Fiction would say;

"Im on the mother-****a"

;)

knownothingmags
01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
i hope my pm response is enough info.
let me know BigEvil.

i really wanted to make sure this was good outa the usps box.
if you have to when i send it in, feel free to shorten the feedneck as you see fit.

just as long as this thing get fixed.

thanks,
you guys on AO always come through without a hitch.

thanks,
KNM

OneSelfLost
01-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Oh that poor breach! :(

I wish I could offer some assistance, but machining isn't my forte. All the best.

BigEvil
01-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Oh that poor breach! :(

I wish I could offer some assistance, but machining isn't my forte. All the best.

There is nothing wrong with it. It just looks like chop meat. Sometimes when you pull the stock feedneck out they look like that. They are TIGHT.