PDA

View Full Version : blown macro line

keiko_819
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM
so i was at the field this week and while i was waiting on a game my macro line blows a hole right where why finger was resting on. anyone know how much pressure these are supposed to be good for, i was using a 900 output pressure tank. thanks :headbang:

zondo
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Lots of people will tell you to use SS line (like Tuna and Beemer). That's your safest bet.

But there is this: http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=MACROLINE&Category_Code=FITTINGS

sjrtk
01-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Over time the line will fatigue. If it has bent or kinked in the slightest in travel or play there will be a weak spot. Could this have happened yes, did it happen mabey. I have had macro line fail once but it doesn't keep me from using it now. I just reline once a year.

OPBN
01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
There are definitely different levels of macroline. I have some here that is very flexible and shiny and is much thinner that what I typically try to use.

BigEvil
01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Macro line isnt rated very high at all. The fittings are rated to like 300psi or something like that :eek:

Might want to check your tank output pressure. The only time Ive seen blow outs on macro lines is when the tanks regs let go and send full tank pressure upstream. Doesnt happen very often, but it happens.

Spazmok
01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
A word of advice, never hold your gun at waist level angled down and centered with your body while screwing on a tank/turning on air. Always keep macro line far away from your crotch because let me tell you there is a world of difference in the amount pain getting line whipped in the forearm vs where the sun doesn't shine.

splat15k
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
A word of advice, never hold your gun at waist level angled down and centered with your body while screwing on a tank/turning on air. Always keep macro line far away from your crotch because let me tell you there is a world of difference in the amount pain getting line whipped in the forearm vs where the sun doesn't shine.

If that doesn't make you want to switch to stainless, I don't know what will.

Loguzzzzzz
01-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Might want to check your tank output pressure. The only time Ive seen blow outs on macro lines is when the tanks regs let go and send full tank pressure upstream. Doesnt happen very often, but it happens.
What he said ^^^^^

I had my Crossfire 3K reg fail and it blew the marcoline a couple times before I realized it was the reg.

There is macroline rated for higher pressures like 1800 psi I think, you just have to look for it.

I use macroline on all my guns, have for many years and the only time one burst was when the reg failed. I still use marcoline on all of them.

Justus
01-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Macro from Compulsive and Air Soldier is rated at 1000 psi. I'm not sure what the macro from Macrolineguy is rated at, but I've used that for a year with a 1000 psi reg (and recently an 1100 psi reg) with no problems.

If I recall correctly, Ninja Paintball macro fittings are rated at 1000 psi too.

You just can't go cheap if you're going with a high pressure system and using macro line.

keiko_819
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
yea ive got stainless steel lines on one of my mags, but the macro looks super clean to me so one mishap in over 15 years of playing wont make me change my mind about macros...but a crotch shot may...na, probably not :ninja:

sjrtk
01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
but a crotch shot may...na, probably not :ninja:

If a crotch shot would change your mind (if you have my luck) you would have quit the game a long time ago. :D

alooney11
01-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Use stainless lines and use 1/2" shrink tube to black it out.

OPBN
01-10-2012, 07:43 AM
I prefer the ease of disassembly with macro. It would take multiple crotch shots in a short time frame to convince me to switch back to SS.