PDA

View Full Version : Inline Regulator?

OPBN
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
What are opinions on the best all around inline reg? Has to be a male reg with preferably side input. Would a Palmers Fatty be the best choice or are there others? Benchmark for "good" is fast recharge rate and consistency.

going_home
01-13-2012, 03:37 PM
2 liter.

http://akalmp.com/regulators.html

;)

OPBN
01-13-2012, 03:41 PM
I like the fact that the max output can be changed. About the same size as the Bob Long that I have. I have only used the Bob Long with CO2 and on a pump, so not sure how good the recharge is and/or how consistent it would be with HPA.

IrishRedneck86
01-13-2012, 05:25 PM
I second the 2liter but also say the sidewinder I personally wont use any other after market regs besides AKA the recharge and consistency are to my knowledge almost unbeatable I run one on my Karni and its great I only see +/-2-3 max anytime I chrono it also Ive never seen any amount of dropoff while shooting at higher rates of fire.

sjrtk
01-13-2012, 05:47 PM
For the absolute best in a reg you really are looking at AKA or Palmers. They are about as close as 2 companies can be. Both are rock solid in performance, really going to depend who you want to give your money to.

OPBN
01-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Sidewinder looks to be a fair amount longer than the 2liter or Fatty. Shorter is better.

IrishRedneck86
01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
the Sidewinder comes in 3 lengths Long, medium, and short with the short being the same height and diameter as the 2liter

OPBN
01-13-2012, 10:56 PM
the Sidewinder comes in 3 lengths Long, medium, and short with the short being the same height and diameter as the 2liter
Is the only difference between the 2 liter and the SW that the 2L has the dual range? No real description on the site.

IrishRedneck86
01-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Not quite the 2liter is geared more for those to have a gun specific reg for todays guns geared for LP having the stock LP spring pack adjustable from 0-350psi and the HP spring pack only adjustable from 250-550psi output with a max input of 900psi according to the manual

As for the Sidewinder its the more user friendly version running like other after market regs being fully adjustable from 0-800psi output with a said max input of 800psi. But I know for a fact it can handle over 950psi input as Ive used mine with my custom ninja reg thats set to 950psi output and the reg still performs like a champ never blown a seal or anything.

Also the 2liter has a locking collar which from my knowledge makes it like the stock Kari regs allowing you to lock the output hole in a certain direction once screwed into the gun, Where as the Sidewinder's output hole is on the rounded base the swivels 360* allowing it to be placed where ever it needs to be

OPBN
01-14-2012, 09:22 AM
So the output is on the bottom of the sidewinder? Thats not gonna work.

Saleenlmz
01-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Output is on the top, I think he meant the input can swivel at the bottom.

river031403
01-14-2012, 10:37 AM
wish Gog would produce an inline maxflo regulator

IrishRedneck86
01-14-2012, 11:41 AM
yeah sorri long night the macro fitting on the sidewinder is on the bulbus base opposite the logo and can rotate 360* where as the 2liter macro fitting is in the middle on the side and with the locking collar it fixes the fitting to one position once the reg is screwed in.

wish Gog would produce an inline maxflo regulator
As smart parts they used to for the old impulse but it never caught on as an after market reg for other guns and even if GOG wanted try it again they probably dont have the patent rights to the design anymore