PDA

View Full Version : APG Article on the Bounce Test

AGD
02-16-2002, 03:30 AM
AO,

I had one of the Tech Tips about the ball bounce test reprinted in APG this month. If anyone over hears people talking about it please report back here. I am going to do one every month as part of my New Marketing Plan. I am looking for feed back to see if it's working. :)

For the new members you can go to the home page and read the Tech Tips to get a preview of upcoming APG articles.

AGD

thecavemankevin
02-16-2002, 09:19 AM
So, is APG going to reprint one every month, or just when they like a specific one?

personman
02-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Woah, thats so sweet! Congrats!

AGD
02-16-2002, 12:45 PM
They are going to print them all, one a month.

AGD

jah871
02-16-2002, 08:07 PM
what month is it feb. or march because the next months APG is always on the shelf the month before. also what page is it on?

TheSneakyPengui
02-16-2002, 08:22 PM
That is what I like to see!

Hysperion
02-16-2002, 08:55 PM
well i saw a guy who works for diablo at pb sam's today and he was doing the bounce test....not sure if he got it from you or from that article but he was doing it :)

Dayspring
02-17-2002, 01:23 AM
The Bounce Test article is in the April 2002 APG. Great article. I've already made it required reading for some of my friends who play.

GallagherAtWar
02-17-2002, 07:17 AM
my friend was using 2 year old paint that broke from like 4 feet high and he didnt break 1 ball in his gun (cocker)

is this test for mags only

cphilip
02-17-2002, 09:06 AM
Several folks that do not come on AO have seen it and asked me about it. Good thing about it is I can say..."yes In fact I saw the whole article develop" and then "you know if you come on AO you will see this stuff all the time". Not only is this good PR for AGD but it can be turned into recruitment here at AO. Win - Win! :)

magc68
02-17-2002, 09:27 AM
i too have seen many people doing this in the last month as well. i have no idea if they got it from ao but they r doing it the same way as descibed on here. its out there on the part of AGD or not. hopefully on the aprt of AGD.

TigerMan
02-17-2002, 10:24 AM
Just a little personal experience with the bounce test, I had some old BE Paint (bought them not knowing they were BE :() that I didn't want to go to waste (about 1500 paintballs). Anyways, I went to try them and I was chopping a considerable amount in my mag. Well I did the bounce test, and it was about a 3 average. So I seperated the balls into 3 bags, each with the glass of water, and let them sit. I went and played with the paintballs yesterday, and not a single chop out of the bunch. Worked great. Thanks TK for the great tech tips and the great work you do.

MikeCouves
02-20-2002, 09:43 AM
Sweet I will have to pick up that magazine, along with every other paintball mask on the shelf like always :D! I always love having plenty of paintball reading material for the bathroom!

Thanks alot AGD I will plan on reading that as soon as I get the magazine.

Toxic Dave
02-20-2002, 10:54 AM
I hate to break the news but Tom didn't invent the bounce test, people have been testing paint brittleness for years with this method. He just got a bunch of people to test a bunch of different flavors of paint in a semi regulated fashion and report the findings. In fact the bounce test is pretty standard in most paintball settings.

dave

AGD
02-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Dave, we first did bounce tests in 1989 and I didn't hear of anyone doing it before that but it is possible.

AGD

magic55
02-21-2002, 04:29 PM
oooooooooh... dave was DENIED! haha:D

Toxic Dave
02-22-2002, 08:25 AM
Magic,

Actually I have more respect for Tom than to get into a did so/did not arguement over who the first guy to bounce a paintball off a cement floor was. Whether AGD was or somebody else was, my original point was that the test is pretty much an industry standard not something concieved for this batch of testing.

I hope you understand.

dave

BTAutoMag
02-22-2002, 12:56 PM
yea i saw and read it... way to go tom. so youre doing one in every months issue? cool

btw its in the April 02 issue

AGD
02-23-2002, 03:36 AM
Dave,

Yes you are absoulutely right it has been around a long time. I am trying to promote it's widespread use given the current crop of paint.

AGD

Tunaman
02-23-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Toxic Dave
I hate to break the news but Tom didn't invent the bounce test, people have been testing paint brittleness for years with this method. He just got a bunch of people to test a bunch of different flavors of paint in a semi regulated fashion and report the findings. In fact the bounce test is pretty standard in most paintball settings.

dave Can you please tell us WHO did invent it?:confused:

BenD
02-24-2002, 11:33 PM
not to be the odd man out...

I know what the bounce test is... but where are these articles? is ther a link?

Thanks,

BTAutoMag
02-27-2002, 06:45 PM
BenD try this link it will help
http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/tomstech/04_paint_testing.shtml