PDA

View Full Version : non-cyclone pneumatic loader?

sQuidvision
01-20-2012, 11:05 PM
I am just putting the finishing touches on my first pneumag and have been wondering if any of you have ideas on how to make a pneumatic loader? would this just be so horridly air inefficient that it wouldn't be worth it? even if it would be possible to make a revi style agitated hopper that ran on air i would be happy.

Basically just fishing for ideas... your thoughts?

SSP-SheiK
01-20-2012, 11:18 PM
I am just putting the finishing touches on my first pneumag and have been wondering if any of you have ideas on how to make a pneumatic loader? would this just be so horridly air inefficient that it wouldn't be worth it? even if it would be possible to make a revi style agitated hopper that ran on air i would be happy.

Basically just fishing for ideas... your thoughts?

http://www.allenpaintball.com/turbo_qt2.mov

something like that?

sQuidvision
01-21-2012, 03:17 PM
While that is very cool i was hoping for something that force feeds, not just agitates.

SSP-SheiK
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
i figured as much, just thought i'd post the only one i could think of ;)

:cheers:

M98Punk
01-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Hmmm you could use a constant level of air pressure to do put tension on a forcefeed hopper paddle the hard part would be making things air tight. In tech class when I was a kid we made pocket steam engines and ran them with an air compressor it would be the same kinda thing when we were messing around in class. If you could make it a closed system it would be very efficient because it would be using the constant air pressure to make a paddle spin. But again that is if you could find a way to get it air tight but I say that as I am about to go home so who knows I could be making this all up in my head.

koleah
01-29-2012, 09:59 PM
https://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&client=opera&hs=vn3&rls=en&channel=suggest&gs_upl=160132l167055l0l167416l4l4l0l0l0l0l1360l146 4l0.1.7-1l2l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=9xAmT_GrKYr9iQK2o7ylBw&q=shocker%20%22air%20assist%22&biw=1676&bih=848&sei=xhImT9bTLYzKiALAgdHqBw

Look into the old school shocker that had an air assist system. It would just an exhaust puff of air to push the paintball down the feed stack toward the breech.

GoatBoy
02-03-2012, 11:28 PM
I wonder if it would be possible to do the inverse of a power feed. At a 90 degree bend, have a blast of air that pushes the short stack of balls toward the chamber.

Is that what that Shocker did?

Your "sort" and "force" functions will be strongly decoupled though, i.e. you'll still need to agitate the hopper.

Ando
02-04-2012, 04:13 PM
That shocker air deal was BS. Just like the Magic box deal SP did for the classic automag. Just another accessory for them to sell. The "puff of air" was so small it wouldn't cause a fly to veer off course.