PDA

View Full Version : asa on off

RT Lover
01-28-2012, 06:30 PM
who makes a nice asa with a on off on it.... just some input on brands

Dayspring
01-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Planet Eclipse POPS (http://www.ansgear.com/Planet_Eclipse_2011_POPS_Mini_Rail_System_On_Off_p/planetpopsasa.htm)

Spider-TW
01-28-2012, 06:53 PM
The CPs are plain but they have been good.

Justus
01-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Make sure whatever brand you get has a system pressure purge when you shut it off, both marker side and tank side. Otherwise when you try to remove your tank it will still be under pressure even though you shut off the airflow.

CP on/off ASAs have the system purge for sure.

OPBN
01-28-2012, 08:35 PM
I have some Trinity center outlet on/off ASAs for sale in my BST thread.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259740

They work well with foregrips and have a purge. And theyre priced right.

pinkanese
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
NDZ is good, small and cheap, costumer support was a little slow to get in touch with but still got my orings/parts.

The DP lever action ones are pretty nice too. So are CP ones, they are also really common so easy to find used for cheap.

I really don't understand paying the premium for the ones from Dye or Eclipse. Sure they might be "better" but you are going to use it once or twice a day and it really isn't crucial at all.

sQuidvision
01-28-2012, 11:42 PM
POPS are amazing... its actually fun to use... shhppp! pssss... shhppp! pssss...
CP are nice too, smooth on/off
i have also used and liked DP RAPS on/off ASAs

IrishRedneck86
01-29-2012, 12:53 AM
For me I'm a big fan and user of CP and Eclipse on/offs but I have also used and liked the bob long gear drives.

Squid mentioned the DP Raps but in my experience they are mediocre at best simple and easy to take apart but your gonna need to stock up on plenty of the single sealing o-rings for the push pin they have a big problem with dirt, sand or any debis getting into it and it starts leaking almost immediately after truing it on and off a couple of times and Ive seen this on 3 separate DP guns and it was an on going problem with 1 that was a regular at our local field.

OPBN
01-29-2012, 09:25 AM
I have also used and liked the bob long gear drives.

These are very nice as well, but often hard to find.

IrishRedneck86
01-29-2012, 10:59 AM
These are very nice as well, but often hard to find.

ANSGear has them all the time a little on the high side of price for the spectrum but still cheaper then the POPS

http://www.ansgear.com/Bob_Long_ASA_Rail_Drop_s/897.htm

OPBN
01-29-2012, 11:09 AM
ANSGear has them all the time a little on the high side of price for the spectrum but still cheaper then the POPS

http://www.ansgear.com/Bob_Long_ASA_Rail_Drop_s/897.htm
Check again, black is almost always on pre-order. I got lucky and found one on Ebay from a store.

IrishRedneck86
01-29-2012, 11:24 AM
So they dont always have black not really a big problem they still have blue silver and red and unless someones looking to do a boring Ninja gun its probably going to anno these days so color is kinda a moot point.

OPBN
01-29-2012, 12:04 PM
So they dont always have black not really a big problem they still have blue silver and red and unless someones looking to do a boring Ninja gun its probably going to anno these days so color is kinda a moot point.

I would argue that most people dont buy $60 asas with the intent of anodizing them. I should have been more specific. Bob Long Gear drives are very nice, but gloss and dust black tend to be hard to find. Which is what I tend to buy as the resale is better than other colors in my experience.

We good now?

IrishRedneck86
01-29-2012, 02:50 PM
We're fine Im not trying to arguing with you I'm just stating the options as this thread goes along with the OP's others hes asking for input due to this all going towards a custom build with his body and rail coming raw from XMT. So hes probably looking for performance and function over color at the moment since it all might go to anno for color matching for the final build.

Oh and if your looking for black gear drives they say they are in stock at one of my other favorite sites to shop

http://paintballgateway.com/bobloonasa.html

OPBN
01-29-2012, 03:47 PM
We're fine Im not trying to arguing with you I'm just stating the options as this thread goes along with the OP's others hes asking for input due to this all going towards a custom build with his body and rail coming raw from XMT. So hes probably looking for performance and function over color at the moment since it all might go to anno for color matching for the final build. Oh and if your looking for black gear drives they say they are in stock at one of my other favorite sites to shop

http://paintballgateway.com/bobloonasa.html

Really? You picked all that up from:

who makes a nice asa with a on off on it.... just some input on brands
Dude, you're the man.

BL must have made a run recently as several places seem to have them in stock. Hasnt been that way for the past 4-5 months. I placed 5 orders with 4 seperate companies only to have them come back and tell me they are backordered. As mentioned, I did finally pick one up a couple of weeks ago, but thanks.

going_home
01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
New Designz Twister .

;)

TwilightG
01-30-2012, 06:03 AM
New Designz Twister .

;)
+1 much cheaper alternative to the Bob Long ASAs (although I still prefer to use them)

If there is one drawback is that they are VERY small. I have mine mounted at the rear of the grip frame so that the bottle fits and on/off knob sits almost entirely under the grip. Depending on the frame, it can look a little awkward and sometimes tough to operate due to the frame being in the way.

I'd still get more though. :) It really all depends on how you mount it.

Ratt
01-30-2012, 10:10 AM
I have a couple of the New Designz Quik Flips. I've had them for a few years now, and have never had a problem with either one. They work flawlessly, as far as I'm concerned. These may be a little hard to find, though.

On the other hand, I also have one of the New Designz Ultralights. So far, I have somehow managed to blow the shaft o-ring on 2 separate occasions.