PDA

View Full Version : Automag Maintenance Question.

steve_81
01-30-2012, 05:26 AM
I just purchased a brand new (never used) AGD Classic Automag. Since it has never been used or fired what are some precautions or maintenance that i should I do to the marker before I air it up and play with it?

Ando
01-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Put about 5 drops of oil at the QD closes to the valve. Air it up and fire it a few times. Should hopefully have no issues.

Spider-TW
01-30-2012, 09:43 AM
If you don't know anything about it, I would pull the valve out and make sure it looks complete. You occasionally hear about someone pulling the trigger without a bolt spring. It doesn't sound pleasant. If it is package new, then you probably can trust it with just the oil.

steve_81
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the help! I'll try all that was suggested once I receive the marker.

steve_81
02-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Do you think $125 for a BNIB 68 Classic Automag was a good deal? I wanted it so I feel like it was but just wanted to get Mag owners opinions.

sQuidvision
02-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Depends on how much it being BNIB is worth to you... ive seen classics go for as little as $60 but not often... most of them seem to disappear around 90-110 depending on whats on it.

Ando
02-02-2012, 07:53 AM
It's very rare you'll see someone post a mag that low, basically they didn't know or it was all beat to hell (leaking, no barrel or air lines...ect.) Depending on the condition and excessories that come with it. They usually go for $100-150 range here on the forums.

BNIB, you def got a good deal.

sjrtk
02-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Just oil. Mags love oil, but for a BNIB Classic 68 125 is not to bad.

river031403
02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Do you think $125 for a BNIB 68 Classic Automag was a good deal? I wanted it so I feel like it was but just wanted to get Mag owners opinions.

thats a good price for a gun of a lifetime."YOUR NOW DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS" :shooting:

steve_81
02-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Lol thanks guys. The Parts to get it going should be here today. Stainless Steel hose, Fittings, 45 degree elbow, and ASA. I'll post a video of it shooting once I get it going. Probably won't be until Thursday due to my work Schedule though.

steve_81
02-13-2012, 09:00 AM
I got the marker all set up and ready to go however I did notice that when I screw in the tank, after a few shots it sounds like there is a small leak coming from the inside of the marker above the trigger, I'm assuming it might be the sear. However there doesn't seem to be much if any air coming out of the barrel. The "leak" goes away after a few shots and comes up again sometimes between shots. I fired it with paint maybe 30 times. What could cause this? Or should I not worry and wait until the marker is broken in? After all this is the first time it's ever been aired up and fired?

I did put 5 drops of oil in the QD closest to the valve as well as 3 drops in the asa before I aired it up.

Ando
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
If your using Co2 then it's probably just the Co2 getting in the valve.

steve_81
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Im using compressed air.

georgeyew
02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Try removing the on/off and putting some oil on all the orings.

steve_81
02-14-2012, 02:09 PM
After watching the Tom Kaye Automag videos i'm pretty sure I can rule out the on/off o-rings. I believe the culprit is the powertube o-ring. Once my parts kit gets here I will replace the o ring.

athomas
02-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Fire the gun and hold the trigger in. If there is no leak, then the powertube area is the problem. Replace the powertube oring. It could also mean that your powertube spacer is too long. Use a shorter one to allow the oring to have more pressure on the back of the bolt stem. If you can afford it, install a level 10 bolt.

steve_81
02-15-2012, 07:48 AM
I hold the trigger down, no leak and then it will start leaking down the barrel after 10 or so seconds. Just like in the Tom Kaye video. Meaning that the Powertube O-ring is the culprit. So i'm assuming it's the powertube o ring as it is not doing that "sprinkler leak" indicating the on/off o rings when I hold the trigger down. The parts kit should be here tomorrow. I will switch out some o rings and report back. Thanks for the help guys.

Ando
02-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I hold the trigger down, no leak and then it will start leaking down the barrel after 10 or so seconds. It's leaking while the trigger is still held for 10sec?

steve_81
02-16-2012, 05:31 AM
It's leaking while the trigger is still held for 10sec?

Yea, It has a really small leak I can hear when I air the gun up and sometimes in between shots. Also, if I hold the trigger down for 10 or so seconds the marker starts leaking down the barrel and it goes away when I release the trigger.

I got my parts kit in and replaced the powertube o ring and now it works fine. no leaks.

athomas
02-16-2012, 04:20 PM
If it starts leaking after you hold the trigger in, it usually indicates an on-off oring issue.

When you release the trigger and it leaks, it usually indicates a powertube issue.

However, there is always some residual air left in the chamber after a shot. If the powertube oring was suspect, or barely sealing due to a spacer that was too long, it could start audibly leaking if the sealing surface failed due to constantly applied pressure.

I'd check the sear to see if it has any signs of wear as well.