PDA

View Full Version : Classic RT O-Woe-Is-Me!

Darring D
02-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Okay, here goes. I purchased a used Classic RT. It appears to have a leak down the barrel. I used the RT parts kit I received with the marker and replaced the o-rings and still leaks. When I pull the trigger and hold it, the stops after a second or two. It almost sounds like you area bleeding the air off, then it stops. As soon as I release, it leaks again. I noticed that if I turn the banjo bolt it changes the leak sound and sometimes stops. After a few trigger pulls it leaks again. I also tried pushing and twisting the valve and frame and this also changes the leak sound. To me this indicates a leak at the banjo bolt and rail. Any thoughts? I changed the o-rings again and it still leaks. Any way to make this air tight seal work?

Thanks,

Darrin :cry:

TwilightG
02-02-2012, 04:04 PM
sounds like you have a lvl10 bolt and need to drop down a carrier size (or 2)

Hobbez
02-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Did you change the o-rings on the banjo bolt when you changed the others? The other leak is definatly a powertube issue. As said above, you need to look at spacers or carriers (lvl7 or lvl10) being your problem.

Darring D
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Okay after several attempts to stop the leak I'm convinced it's the banjo bolt. I changed carrier and got the leak to stop but after a few shots it would come back. I then put a Lvl 7 back in and put some different banjo o-rings on. It shot like a dream, then, one of the banjo o-rings blew. The weren't urethane just regular o-rings. I put the RT kit o-rings back on and it shot well again but then started the leak again. Moving and tightening the banjo bolt will stop the leak for a few shots but it eventually comes back. I also noticed that the intelliframe was drilled out in back to accept the banjo bolt. This hole seems a little big and allows banjo bolt to move. I wrapped some tape around the bolt were it meets the frame so there's no play. Another thing I noticed is the rail may have been stripped of its black coating. It is bare but I can still see some black in the banjo frail hole. Could this be enough to cause the banjo o-rings to leak?

I'm getting to my wits end with this marker, please help!!!

Ando
02-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Your rail is probably bad. It happens. Tuna has new updated rails.

I have 2 classics which both had this same problem. I was able to fix one of them with larger orings but the other was a no-go. Had to get a new rail for it.

Darring D
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah, that's my next try, larger o-rings. Thanks!!!

athomas
02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
If the banjo bolt is not fitting properly, then the valve is probably not sitting in the proper location all the time. This would make the bolt stem not seal against the powertube oring properly. Make sure all the shims are removed from the powertube if you are using a level 10 bolt. If you are using a level 7 bolt, use a shorter powertube spacer.

Darring D
02-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I have removed all shims. It will fire fine then start leaking at the banjo. The rail had been previously stripped of its black ano and some of it still remains in the banjo rail hole. I e-mailed tuna about it and he said that could definately be causing my problem. I guess I'll try to clean out the hole before purchasing a new rail and banjo bolt! :cry:

athomas
02-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Uneven anno removal can produce rough surfaces which the oring may not seal properly against. If you can polish the hole in the rail, it will help your problem.

Darring D
02-18-2012, 10:58 AM
What was found to be the problem with the banjo bolt and rail that AGD designed a new edition of each? On my RT Classic it is the center banjo o-ring that is pushed out of its groove past the rail. The banjo bolt is tapered at that location. If the bolt was not tapered and just had a groove, do you think that would keep the o-ring from being pushed out of its place by the high air pressure?

02-20-2012, 08:23 AM
I was having this prob with my classic RT
if you slide an extra banjo bolt orings down tight to the head of the banjo bolt it will act as a spacer and will help keep that center oring from getting blown out

Darring D
02-20-2012, 08:35 AM
I was having this prob with my classic RT
if you slide an extra banjo bolt orings down tight to the head of the banjo bolt it will act as a spacer and will help keep that center oring from getting blown out

Does the second o-ring go on next to the center o-ring?

I will try it, hopefully it will work for me too!

Thanks!!

cougar20th
02-20-2012, 08:44 AM
One thing Ive learned to do when assembling my Classic RT's is to leave the front frame screw loose, Put the banjo in place finger tight, then tighten everything up from there, Never had a issue when doing that. If I don't I seem to always nick the orings because something isn't aligned & cant move into alignment.

Dont know if that will help your issue but its a nice little thing to help later on

Darring D
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
One thing Ive learned to do when assembling my Classic RT's is to leave the front frame screw loose, Put the banjo in place finger tight, then tighten everything up from there, Never had a issue when doing that. If I don't I seem to always nick the orings because something isn't aligned & cant move into alignment.

Dont know if that will help your issue but its a nice little thing to help later on

Thanks!

02-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Does the second o-ring go on next to the center o-ring?

I will try it, hopefully it will work for me too!

Thanks!!

put the extra oring tight to the head of the banjo bolt
it prevents the banjo bolt from screwing in as far, that keps that center oring lower in the rail and it wont get blown out of its groove then

Darring D
02-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Cool, I'll try that, thanks!