PDA

View Full Version : Ninja SHP Tank

El Zilcho
02-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Anyone run a Ninja tank with their SHP regulator? I am trying to determine what size would be best. How many shots should I expect with a X-Valve from a 68/4500? I would prefer a smaller volume tank but don't want to go empty in the middle of a game.

Also, if you do run one of these, how do you like it?

Spider-TW
02-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Post much, em? ;)

Use the same old numbers, 10 shots per cu. in. at 3k and 15 shots per cu. in. at 4.5k, then estimate in between. My fields usually get me between 3.5k and 4.2k fills, and I regularly shoot in the neighborhood of 800 rounds per fill (68 cu. in.), dropping out of reactive trigger toward the end.

The SHP is good enough to bounce my ULT regularly, and runs an RT on/off without drop out. I have it set on the lower end (950) for the lower rates.

I don't think it is as fast as my max-flo inline, but it is simpler, smaller, lighter, and easier to maintain. I can also pass it around different mags easily. For 950, the max-flo would RT a few bps faster, but I can't see a problem with the slightly higher input pressure at lower rates.

IrishRedneck86
02-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I dont normally use a ninja tank since I only needed to upgrade as most on here will be in the same boat but I did get to try and use a Ninja tank thanks to Marty from Ninja awhile ago.

It was a 68/45 and it was just shy of what I normally get with my 70/45 with my SHP output at 950psi, which I usually play a normal rec game of 2 rounds with a full dye rotor and 4 140rd pods and from a 4500 fill I can RT through most of it in small bursts having about 1000 psi left on avg so even at a 3000 fill I can shoot my normal amount with just a little less RTing through the rounds. Also the tanks were very comparable in weight and feel with the Ninja being a little lighter and about the same length since since my tank is not a peanut shape.

athomas
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM
The shot efficiency is dependent on the setup of your system. The level 10 spring you are using and the barrel play the biggest roles. A heavily ported barrel will reduce your efficiency.

A 68-4500 on my emag gives me over 1100 shots. A lot of people don't get that much though. Use about 250in-lb of air consumption per shot for a non optimized mag. A well tuned mag will use about 200in-lb of air per shot. Subtract the pressure setting of your output from the tank pressure rating to give you the difference from fill to empty. Multiply that value by the size of the tank. That gives the tank capacity in in-lb of air. Divide the tank capacity by the air consumption of your gun to give the number of shots per tank.

Eg; for a 950psi output and 250lb-in/shot

4500psi - 950psi = 3550psi
3550psi x 68ci = 241400lb-in usable capacity
241400lb-in/250lb-in = 966 shots/tank

Find out what the actual rate of consumption is for your gun and use that to determine the capacity of any tank setup.