PDA

View Full Version : Full auto PneuMag??

xero28
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm getting my pneumag pieced together and finally ran some air through it today. I've got an RT Pro Valve with a Level 10, RT on/off, RT Pro Rail/Stainless PF Body. I'm using an Etek 1 frame with the standard MSV-2/MPA-3 setup. I've got the ram setup about 1/16" or so off the sear. I'm using a long machine screw in place of the field strip screw since the field strip screw is too short. When I pull the trigger it just goes full auto. I put a classic valve on there and it's one pull/one shot. Any thoughts? I'm thinking maybe something with my on/off pin? The sear seems to be in good shape, as does the bolt, so it doesn't seem to be slipping. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Ando
02-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Your getting RT bounce off the MPA. Move it back a little.

xero28
02-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Your getting RT bounce off the MPA. Move it back a little.

So, even when I hold the trigger down, since the RT is pushing back with more force than it takes to trip it, it just keeps going...interesting :rolleyes: Didn't even think of that, it just seemed like runaway bolt to me. The MPA is pretty tight as it is, I'm not sure how much space I've got to move it back. Increasing the LPR pressure should stop it too, right. Since that should be able to hold back the pushing from the RT effect? There shouldn't be any issues shooting it as it is then, right? I mean, since it's not an issue with the sear or anything, it's just like cranking a reg up over 1000 psi and getting crazy RT bounce. I think I might enjoy that. :D Thanks Ando.

xero28
02-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Well, after checking it out again, it's certainly not RT bounce. I hold the trigger down and the is held back, doesn't move back and forth at all, and the gun just runs away. Not sure what's going on.

xero28
02-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Here's some photos of my setup.

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/xero28/07d8024f.jpg

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/xero28/f4063efb.jpg

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/xero28/1cce5a47.jpg

Ando
02-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Toss your RT valve in a mech mag. You might have something wrong with the valve itself. Either a weak spring, on/off oring that's bad, debre in the on/off or your reg valve pin orings have gone Tango Uniform.

xero28
02-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Yep, put it on another mech Mag and it's doing the same thing. Full auto when holding the trigger down. It has a normal spring on there. I put on a long red spring and it's still doing the same thing. I'll troubleshoot it a little more, any other ideas of what it might be?

Spider-TW
02-12-2012, 08:39 PM
The on/off isn't working when the bolt is forward. Either the pin is too short, or like Ando says, bad/missing top o-rings.

knownothingmags
02-12-2012, 11:03 PM
sexy little aurora frame.
like it.
and people at first glance will think you have a board in it.

neat. :D:D

xero28
02-12-2012, 11:30 PM
sexy little aurora frame.
like it.
and people at first glance will think you have a board in it.

neat. :D:D

Thanks man, I picked it up on eBay. There's a guy selling them for pretty cheap, $25 shipped, brand new in the box. Last I looked he had like 7-8 more. I used a thin piece of plastic and shaped it using a dremel to mount the MSV to. It's been a fun little project. Now if it can just get the valve to work...

phishphen
02-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I believe this happened to me with my pneumag too..it was a few years ago, but I remember it had to do with oring #9 in the picture. It must be seated in spot #8 and NOT in spot #10. Take the v alve apart and see where oring #9 is at. It's wierd but it worked for me. Everytime my gun went into auto, I would find that oring was out of place. Somehow it shifted to spot #10 very randomly. I hope you are able to fix the problem.

http://strikewarn.com/uploads/paintball/valvelvl10.gif

hill160881
02-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a missing oring in the top of the on off or to short of a pin.

GEE TEE
02-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Looks like you may be able to flip the MSV body, and mount the lever off the other side. Assuming this is possible it'll put the barbs at the top, and allow you to shorten the hose run a bit. Nice build on the pneumatics. Considering using an Ego5 or WGP E-cocker frame for one like it myself