PDA

View Full Version : regulator removal

AutoFiend
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
So I purchased a geurrilla 68ci tank to put on my almost new Air America Armageddon reg (suck it Automag ReTro). However, I cant seem to be able to get the stock Myth reg off of the tank. I've already snapped a strap wrench, and stripped the regulator threads with channel irons (i got pretty frustrated). I'm at the point now that Im thinking my only only shot is to drill thru the reg and twist it off with a steel bar.

:mad:

Any other thoughts/ideas before I do this?

OPBN
02-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Maybe a stupid question, but did you make sure you degassed the tank? If there is still pressure in the tank it can make it really a[female dog] to get off.

AutoFiend
02-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Yes I made sure it was empty. I also removed the fill nipple, burst discs, and gauge to help the strap wrench hold better. But there were 2 of us trying to twist this thing off and couldn't get it to budge. Red loctite has no place in paintball.

Side note, my Armageddon was missing a burst disc so I just stole the high pressure burst disc off of the GA myth reg. Do those things have to be installed a certain way? I just screwed it into my AA reg and left it....

athomas
02-18-2012, 04:19 PM
If it had locitite on the threads, did you heat it first? The number of threads connecting the bottle and reg is quite large, so the amount of force will be large unless you break the bond using heat.