PDA

View Full Version : double trigger autoreponse

Rivet
02-23-2012, 10:31 PM
So i got an old proline autoresponse frame and a double triggger shoe laying around and was thinking if the autoreponse frame/trigger would benefit from having a double trigger or not. Anyone ever seen it done or anything?

Ando
02-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Don't chop that frame. :argh:

One finger...two fingers. It's all the same. Your not going to get anymore speed out of it due to how the sear works.

Frizzle Fry
02-24-2012, 03:43 AM
Don't chop that frame. :argh:

One finger...two fingers. It's all the same. Your not going to get anymore speed out of it due to how the sear works.

Agreed on both counts. AR frames have an extremely long trigger pull with a stiff point and a mushy point. I would say that even a classic valved mag would benefit only a tiny bit from a double trigger, and an AR framed mag would not benefit at all (in fact you'd hurt it, at least as far as value is concerned, by chopping the frame). Might be an AR frame isn't for you - there are double frames that that are more conducive to trigger tuning and you'll be able to get more out of your classic valve as far as speed goes.

Ando
02-24-2012, 03:57 AM
WTH are you doing up Friz...lol

If your looking for a double trigger frame, we can do a one for one swap if you like. I have one that's in use but willing to pull off so you don't go doing anything crazy on the AR frame

Let me know.

Rivet
02-24-2012, 05:22 PM

If your looking for a double trigger frame, we can do a one for one swap if you like. I have one that's in use but willing to pull off so you don't go doing anything crazy on the AR frame

Let me know.

What frames you have?

Its actually for an X-valve mag i am putting together.

Frizzle Fry
02-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Its actually for an X-valve mag i am putting together.
X-valve + AR frame = Full Auto Blender (if you experience the R/T effect at all, even with LX)

Trade with the dirty crab man, he's probably got something better suited to your marker.

Went to Olive Garden and took unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks as a personal challenge. 4 hours later I'm eating Tums like they're popcorn and contemplating drinking some liquid Co2. Couldn't sleep - afraid bedsheets would catch fire or rogue fart would kill the little woman..