PDA

View Full Version : Here's what my gun sounds like what's the problem?

GallagherAtWar
02-16-2002, 05:29 PM
whats wrong? i played to day and it was horrible! it was double feeding it was inaccurate every thing stunk about it

here's what it sounds like, and maybe this will help but it might not it's hard to tell

note: i had to convert it to zip fromat

MAGS own YOU
02-16-2002, 08:04 PM
Is your velocity too low? Turn it up. Is your reg seat messed up? Replace it. Are you using aftermarket parts? Loose them? Is there something blocking the flow? Fix it. Take your gun all apart and clean all the seals, then put some oil in the asa and dry fire it like 30 times. Check your valve pin and spring. There might be some teflon tape in there or something.

GallagherAtWar
02-16-2002, 08:42 PM
what is that sound? is it called farting or is called drop off

BlackVCG
02-16-2002, 08:48 PM
Well, which sound are you refering to? The sound of each shot, or the weaker sound it makes in the middle of your string? The sound of each shot sounds weak, which would be called farting. The weak shot in the middle of the string is called short stroking. Do what MAGS own YOU suggested and then report back.

Exodus
02-16-2002, 09:28 PM
try turning up the velocity of useing a full tank. its called farting

GallagherAtWar
02-16-2002, 09:32 PM
Is your velocity too low? no

Is your reg seat messed up? what you mean? no it lookes ok there arn't any nics in it and it lookes fine.

Are you using aftermarket parts? no

Is there something blocking the flow? no not that i know of

Take your gun all apart and clean all the seals ok, then put some oil in the asa and dry fire it like 30 times.ok
Check Valve pin and spring whats that? is that the pin thing with a spring behid it?

There might be some teflon tape in there or something. no

i had cheaked all this before and then again so something eles i wrong

Chris

Exodus
02-16-2002, 09:33 PM
have you checked that your on/off is in the right direction?

GallagherAtWar
02-16-2002, 09:52 PM
my on/off? the on/off pin is ok and so is the other stuff in the on off valve

i do how ever have a free flow valve thing in my on on/off piece its a brass piece and it is not stock

I bought the gun used so i dont know what it is but it looks like a free flow valve
and the triangles ar pointed down

Chris

Exodus
02-16-2002, 09:55 PM
well, i are stumped. im fresh out of ideas.

MAGS own YOU
02-16-2002, 10:23 PM
Bingo, triangels must point up. Have the same valve and had the same problem, you should have told me you where using aftermarket parts in the first place..

BlackVCG
02-17-2002, 12:50 AM
Can you take a picture of your on/off valve?

paintbattler
02-17-2002, 09:01 AM
u shooting co2 or n2? if its co2.thats the prob.if nitro then i have no idea

ciaran.mooney
02-17-2002, 09:05 AM
Try cleaning your hoses, if you use Co2 then dirt that might have been in the tank might have gotten lodged in in the hoses and is chokeing your mag.

GallagherAtWar
02-18-2002, 09:11 AM
I got nitro

GallagherAtWar
02-18-2002, 11:36 AM
Thanks "MAGS own YOU" you got it right now my gun is great no wonder it was sucking so bad!!

thanks a bunch

max-mag
02-18-2002, 03:39 PM
Just buy an automag/minimag parts kit, it comes with a few of every O-ring and 2 nubins and a bolt spring and bumper, just replace ever O-ring, make sure your Power tube spacer and Power tube O-ring are at the very bottom of the power tube. Then, oil the outside of the power-tube so that the bolt can slide freely.

GallagherAtWar
02-19-2002, 07:33 AM
i said Mags Own you fixed it

i already had replaced all the orings

Tim Jacobitz
02-19-2002, 12:37 PM
it just goes to show you aftermarket is not better. I hope your gun is flawless now. people around hear will harsh on you for after market parts. I got it bad for using an ans venturi bolt in my mag.

GallagherAtWar
02-19-2002, 03:29 PM
what does a free flow valve do? OR what is it supposed to do?

MAGS own YOU
02-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Increase flow rate, give the trigger a stifer realese. The typical after market stuff. I like mine, it actually worked.

GallagherAtWar
02-19-2002, 05:16 PM
what you mean gives the trigger a stifer release?

2UnREal
02-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Kinda like RT but just wannabee.

GallagherAtWar
02-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Cool my mag does that! Not well, but i do feel it! cool!

i was on the AGD store and it said not to replace the on/off top (the thing in the on/off valve thats brass looking) with aftermaket parts, why?

BlackVCG
02-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Because it's a precision machined part that if made improperly will cause shootdown and possibly other problems. Aftermarket parts generally don't hold tolerances within the acceptable limit for ANY gun so that's why most aftermarket parts are worse or just as good as stock parts in most cases. It would help if you just bought the AGD on/off top and used that. If anything, it will make the gun work better and you don't have to worry about putting it in the right way.