PDA

View Full Version : HES sensor issues?

Automag ReTro
02-24-2012, 06:20 PM
So I got bored and decided to put back together my project emag that I had disassembled for anno. I'm going to the field this weekend, and getting it anno'd is still a few weeks away so I figured I might try to play with it.

Got everything assembled, board boots up, no problems. However, the trigger will not trip the HES sensor. It won't do it with the magnet screwed all the way out, and it won't trip the solenoid in any increments all the way until it's as close to the HES as possible. I took an allen key with a few magnets stuck to the end of it and placed it behind the trigger, in front of the HES; this triggered the HES and the solenoid fired. So the board is good, the solenoid is good, and seemingly the HES sensor is good. I even doubled up the magnets on the back of the trigger and with it screwed all the way it that still didn't trip the sensor.

Any thoughts on this? It worked fine when I disassembled everything roughly a month ago.

hill160881
02-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a magnet is backwards.

Automag ReTro
02-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Haha, oh boy...let me check on that

Automag ReTro
02-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Yup, that was it :cool:

Along the same lines, getting my trigger pin back in has been a nightmare. It's far enough in to play with, but it's not flush with the frame so my selector switch cannot move to manual mode. The last 1-2mm don't seem to be budging. I'm putting it in through the passenger side of the frame, the same side it came out of. Trying to use a hammer and screwdirver with a really small hex bit on the end.

There's no way that I am going to repeat the above method once this thing gets anno'd, so I guess I'll have to find a press of some sort.