PDA

View Full Version : ult vs pneu?

RT Lover
02-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Is there a big difference between the two?

M98Punk
02-29-2012, 09:06 AM
ULT is a drop in (for some) on/off upgrade. Makes the trigger very light and springy. Pneu is using pnuematics to hit the sear for you. More work but a much lighter trigger but you won't get any of the reactive trigger in the same way as u normally do with a mag, which is why people love the magnet mod for pnuemags.

crazyjoe12
02-29-2012, 03:11 PM
i dont get what your trying to say about the magnet mod...?

rawbutter
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
i dont get what your trying to say about the magnet mod...?

Often when someone builds a pneumag, the trigger pull is SO light that it doesn't return quickly enough to sustain high rates of fire. Therefore, a member here (cyberave, I think) designed a magnet mod you can buy and install in the set-up. The magnets are aligned so they bounce off each other, thus creating a return force.

As for the OP question, a pneumag trigger is definitely lighter than a ULT trigger. Most people can't walk a ULT, whereas all pneumags are walkable. Pneumags are more expensive and complicated, though. You can expect to spend at least $50 on the materials (often it ends up being more like $100 or $150) and many weekends fiddling in your garage, whereas a ULT is just a $50 drop-in.

Of course... some of us like to fiddle in the garage, so it all works out. :D

Pneumags aren't very hard to build. I'm not mechanic, but I built one myself with only a power drill and a few clamps. I did have to buy some tools, though, like drill bits and a tap kit. Still... it was a fun project. If you're not up for it, there are also lots of guys here who could build you one, like Loguzzzzz or cyberave or mag79. I could even build you one if you asked nice. :rolleyes:

knownothingmags
02-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Often when someone builds a pneumag, the trigger pull is SO light that it doesn't return quickly enough to sustain high rates of fire. Therefore, a member here (cyberave, I think) designed a magnet mod you can buy and install in the set-up. The magnets are aligned so they bounce off each other, thus creating a return force.

As for the OP question, a pneumag trigger is definitely lighter than a ULT trigger. Most people can't walk a ULT, whereas all pneumags are walkable. Pneumags are more expensive and complicated, though. You can expect to spend at least $50 on the materials (often it ends up being more like $100 or $150) and many weekends fiddling in your garage, whereas a ULT is just a $50 drop-in.

Of course... some of us like to fiddle in the garage, so it all works out. :D

Pneumags aren't very hard to build. I'm not mechanic, but I built one myself with only a power drill and a few clamps. I did have to buy some tools, though, like drill bits and a tap kit. Still... it was a fun project. If you're not up for it, there are also lots of guys here who could build you one, like Loguzzzzz or cyberave or mag79. I could even build you one if you asked nice. :rolleyes:
what he said.

Ando
02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
what he said.
What he said :rolleyes:

M98Punk
02-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah well I was working when I typed mine..... :p

You can also check out the BST around here, the frames or parts for a pneu mag show up from time to time a bit cheaper....but again if ur buying a frame it is something custom made so it could be beautiful or a total hack