PDA

View Full Version : Ninja SHP reg w/an Emag?

robander3
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Will using a SHP reg (1100psi) into an emag hurt the electronics or noid at all? Obviously it'll just be steroids for the valve, but can any harm come to the emag lowers?

OneSelfLost
03-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Some say yes, some say no.. I wouldn't push it though. There is really no need for the SHP on an emag, just turn your ROF up :)

robander3
03-07-2012, 04:57 PM
The reason is I have both an xvalved mag and an emag and want to get to reg but not an entire new tank...

Justus
03-07-2012, 05:04 PM
You'll be fine. The Ninja reg determines the amount of input pressure that goes into the built-in regulator on the X-valve, so it's not like you're making any difference on what hits the on/off by using a higher input pressure. Higher pressure = faster recharge rate.

Spider-TW
03-07-2012, 05:29 PM
You'll be fine. The Ninja reg determines the amount of input pressure that goes into the built-in regulator on the X-valve, so it's not like you're making any difference on what hits the on/off by using a higher input pressure. Higher pressure = faster recharge rate.

I think robander is asking if the extra RT kick will bother the solenoid and electronics setup. When the valve is discharged and the air path is open through the reg pin, the bottle pressure is on top of the on/off pin.

The only problem I can think of is where you try to run an e-mode rate that is faster than that which the valve would RT (which would be around 20 bps). Then the solenoid would be trying to pull against the RT force occasionally. That shouldn't be damaging, but it may skip.

OneSelfLost
03-07-2012, 05:29 PM

Its not the pressure behind the on/off, that will be constant as you said. It's the RT'ing that will drive the noid faster and produce voltage and current spikes which can damage the electronics.

Justus
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Of course, trying to RT over 20 bps in hybrid mode isn't a very good idea no matter what. There are limitations on the solenoid. But there's really no problem if you're in mech mode or in E-mode, or if you've got it set up to not RT at 20+ bps.

For what the OP is trying to do (primary concern seems to be able to use the same reg/tank combo for two markers), there shouldn't be any problems.

My info gleaned from here: http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250555
(and I use a 1100 SHP on my E-Tac with no problems)

robander3
03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Ok, thanks guys, look likes I'll be getting one then,