PDA

View Full Version : First time tourney advice

PowerFedMag
02-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Hey, I got a tourney (3 man) going on at my local field. I'm going in good ol' Novice, and I've played many times a tthe field, but my team mates haven't. Anyways, any advice, on how to play 3 man or how to train quickly, etc....ANYTHING, would be appreciated, thanx

Jonno06
02-16-2002, 09:15 PM
practice,practice,practice,and then practice.....do drills

TheTramp
02-16-2002, 11:06 PM
If the event is in a little while it may be a little too late to do a lot of training. The best thing for you to do is treat this like a learning experience. If this is a tourney w/ experienced teams, you're probably not going to win. THIS ISN"T BAD! It will still be a lot of fun and some pretty serious paintball!

Use the experience to be better next time. Learn from each game. Use the tips you may have gathered fro reading these forums but also watch each team that does well and try to follow their moves.

The best way to improve is to play teams that are better than yours and learn what it takes to beat them. Of course schooling a few less experienced teams is always a moral booster too :D

Butterfingers
02-16-2002, 11:14 PM
Communicate and have a good preliminary plan. Set out objecives and acomplish them to the best of your ability.

Its like running a play in football. Everybody plays thier part to let the runner/reciever through so he can score the first down.

hubadlatimmy
02-16-2002, 11:25 PM
practice with your team doing 3 vs. 2, 2 vs. 1 most likely you will be put in those situations more than once so you are going to need to be able to play a man down.

PowerFedMag
02-17-2002, 08:27 AM
too bad its SNOWING\SLEETING out today...damn, but I still got one more good day of practice up ahead, and thanks for the advice, I never really thought of some of those points.