PDA

View Full Version : Do you airsoft???

HoppysMag
02-16-2002, 08:34 PM
First off Mods if this is the wrong forum ( being this isnt about Paintball, but the next best thing, you can do with your cloths on) you can move it...

Ok does any one have an airsoft gun? what kind? Spring,gas electric? Is it fun to play? and of course the newbie question....Does it Hurt??

Hysperion
02-16-2002, 08:54 PM
i've played airsoft before and all i can say is it is about the stupidest thing i've ever done (well not really but....) first off, the guns dont shoot that far....second off, it's all on the honor system whether you were hit or not and it's amazing how many times you think you hit someone and they keep shooting at you....they hurt like paintballs (aka depends on how far and where you're hit).....it's fun to try like once (i've done it twice) but the only real advantage to airsoft over paintball is that the guns look bad a$z....also i'm not sure if this is true because I don't have alot of experience with airsoft but according to my friend who plays pretty regularly, like all the guns break down alot...

HoppysMag
02-16-2002, 08:59 PM
where you using actual airsoft guns, or those cheap 20$ mini guns???

HoppysMag
02-16-2002, 09:07 PM
this is one of the MINI guns.....they are suposed to be really week.

Hysperion
02-16-2002, 09:20 PM
honestly i don't know....:) like I said I've only played once or twice....if there is a diff and I said something dumb I take it back :) .....i'll ask my friend tomorrow....

Maui PFB
02-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Lots of airsoft here in hawaii.
Its ok but I do not agree with running around with guns that look real. Paintball gets enough bad rap. But at least my mag doesn't look like a colt 45 or a mac 10.
It hurts the same but more I feel because at least when a ball breaks it disperses the energy of the hit. Thats why when you get bounced it seems to hurt more than a accuall break. It has some of the same adrenaline rushes as paintball but the gun aspect is the only thing that keeps me from really supporting it.

Aloha
Maui PFB

polorboy
02-16-2002, 09:51 PM
check out <a href="http://www.hudsonvalleypaintball.com">HudsonValleyPaintball.com</a>. I am still putting most of it up but the airsoft guns sections is complete. I am putting up the accessories pages now. I hope to be done with the whole thing (Paintball stuff included) by the end of March. Let me know what you think.

56kSomeGuy
02-16-2002, 09:55 PM
I never played airsoft but I brought some of the guns. I have an marui mp5 navy AEG and an marui AEG p90. I brought them because they looked great at first. Shooting it was fun for a while. Then the gear box got really messed up. I tried to fix it but I can't. I didn't get any warranty on them. So all I do now is stare at the guns. They kinda suck compared to my automag. They look really good but don't preform as good as an paintball marker. That was a waste of money.

skirts
02-17-2002, 01:27 AM
airsoft rocks
my buddy is from japan so he shipped over a couple airsoft guns (i have a ruger kp85)
we have so much fun running around with jt goggles on from old flex 7's
i live in a huge fraternity house up here at school so there are lots of places to run and hide

HoppysMag
02-17-2002, 09:18 AM
Im looking into a Marui Desert Eagle. and a Marui Colt Centimeter Master. both are electric.... I now what you guys meen about running around with replicas of real guns, but i would be doing it out in the woods where i play paintball, and up town where the bears are. so i would be outta the way.... thanx for your feedback.

media
02-17-2002, 12:12 PM
I think if you were running around with airsoft guns and paintball masks (which I hope airsoft players do) people wouldn't mistake them for real guns.

Some of the coolest airsoft guns I've seen are KSC gas operated ones. Redwolfairsoft has reviews on some KSC products.

One thing that bothers me is that some airsoft guns can be and are hopped up to shoot over 500fps. I would think at that speed, even plastic pellets may penetrate a mask and cause eye injury. They should prolly stay under 400 with plastic pellets.

AngelBoy
02-17-2002, 03:14 PM
A couple of the guys down here got bored in the summer so we ordered a few of the mini electric guns, and they suck. I got the mini mp5 and it only shoots about 2 feet. Then, one of my friends has got some of the full size ones that u have to pump every time, and they work great. The feel about the same as paintball, and u could play inside ur house if u dont have a lot of breakable stuff. If you just wanted to run around shootin at each other itd be fun, but u couldnt try to play a game and be "dead" from them just because of honesty.

RT_Luver
02-17-2002, 03:24 PM
what do airsoft guns shoot?
:confused:

HoppysMag
02-17-2002, 05:01 PM
airsoft shoots little plastic bb's
ya im looking into the regular sized ones. and were all pretty honest. besides when some one yells out " OUCH GOD (DARN) MOTHER (FUPPER)" you know they are hit

RT_Luver
02-17-2002, 05:17 PM
HAHAhA Mother (Fupper) thats too good.