PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Renegade zr1

DCx7
03-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I know there's already a thread on this and it looks like some of you have them, but I want to make another one to see if there are any other opinions on this gun. I PM'd BigEvil already and he gave me some great info, I'm just looking for some more info and other opinions. My hard choice right now is between a victory v2 and a zr1. I held the zr1 and got a good close look at it. Looks alot like a FEP quest which everyone says was a godly shooter. The trigger is exemplary. I know the victory is a inline poppet blah blah blah. Anyways, I'm looking for a nice quiet and smooth shot, good reliability, decent efficiency (not very important, as long as I can get 4-5 pods and a hopper I'm fine, and ease of maintenance I could care less for. Any help?

Ando
03-18-2012, 11:33 AM
, as long as I can get 4-5 pods and a hopper I'm fine, and ease of maintenance I could care less for. Any help?
You just described a mag :rolleyes:

DCx7
03-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Heh, well I already have a micromag, regular 68 mag. I just want an electro in my gear bag, you know the three rule... One pump one electro one mech. As much as I love my mags, I just want to try out an electro.

insixdays777
03-18-2012, 12:36 PM
I had one. Honestly I would get a used Macdev Clone or a Macdev Drone. The Zr1 was inconsistent over the chrono and all the drama going on with/at Zodiac is not something I wanted to deal with.

Also if you want an Amazing smooth, reliable, quite shooting poppet pick up a used Alien Independence. Spool valve I would stay with Macdev. But Bob long guns are great as well.

DCx7
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
BigEvil told me to stay away from macdev as their CS is pretty bad. On the consistency, people also have told me otherwise. Hmm.

insixdays777
03-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I have shot MD for years, I am always puzzled by CS complaints. I have always emailed James or Bourke Gundy - MD owners direct with any issues/questions and they have been taken care of FAST. Seems the hang ups people experience are with Jerry in the Miami office but MD is making a very large push this year for many US service centers.

I got one of the first clones in the USA in 09. It had a breach wear issue. They mailed me a NEW clone after I emailed them pics and sent the bad one back to the USA service center.

Cant get better service than that. Most companies will send you parts and keep your gun forever, BS you around....Not MD. "Sorry about that mate, send it in and we will express you a new one"

That was the only issue I have ever had with any Macdev gun and I could not have asked for a better CS experience. I have 2 original cyborgs, Cyborg RX, Driod and Clone currently.

DCx7
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Hmm, I may wait till the end of March and pick up the clone gt in that case. Is the trigger really as "meh" as people say it is? I'd like to play semi auto, don't really like ramping. I know this is a poppet vs spool gun but does the victory v2 have anything over the clone vx/gt other than ease of maintenance, trigger, ergonomics, and efficiency? Tooless bolt removal is upgraded on the clone gt so I'm leaving that out.

insixdays777
03-18-2012, 02:13 PM
The Clone VX/GT is really easier to set up and keep going than the victory.

The victory has an LPR and is picky about HP and LPR pressures and dwell ect. You do have to tune them, thats why they sell the LPR and HP reg tester and why alot of guys wont buy them used without the testers being included.

The clone is brain dead. No LPR, just gas it up and adjust your HP reg to 100psi and go, and it has a OLED board stock, nice case with tools/spares and insert upgradable barrel. Clones are smoother and quieter than any Marq/victory I have shot.

Macdev gun spacing(reg to grip frame) has always been perfect for me. Victorys have there reg too close to the grip frame for my taste, however the G6r is better spaced.

I have never had to change an oring in my clone once I got the VX guts.

As for the trigger, they are all personal prefrence, the stock trigger is fine. But I run a Violent trigger in ALL my guns when available Clone - Luxe. I just like having the same trigger on all my guns and the Violent triggers are AMAZING!