PDA

View Full Version : Limp Trigger Syndrome

spadge67
03-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey all. Been a while since I dusted off my gear, and when I aired up my MiniMag in preparation for getting back in the game, it seems to be non-functional

When I gas it up, the trigger wont engage. Here's what I've found...

With the valve out of the marker, the sear has plenty of play, it wiggles back and forth, and I can press it down and see the sear raise as it should. It will even catch the bolt when I insert just the bolt and press the sear where the on/off would.

I double checked my airway, which is clear, so I'm sure air is getting to the valve.

With the valve out of the marker, I apply air to it with my thumb over the on/off assembly, the whole on/off cylinder wants to leave the valve body (as it should, I believe, but if I just hold the on/off assembly, the pin does not protrude.

When I disassemble the on/off, it seems like the pin doesn't move very freely through the o-rings. Is this normal? I oiled everything.

Tank is a fresh 20oz Co2, and I've tried the velocity at many different places.

It seems like the on/off pin isn't engaging the sear like it should. Could it just need new o-rings in the on/off? It's sat in a box for about 3 years.

Any ideas?

redlaser666
03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
I think you answered your own question, if it is sticking then the orings are probaly gummed up or degraded. Get a rebuild kit and replace all the oring in the valve after a good cleaning of the parts. That should solve your particular problem.

Ando
03-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Bump your velocity up. Since it's been sitting, add some oil to the QD closes to the valve or tear it down and oil each part individually. Up to you but bumping the velocity will probably fix your issue.

If not mess with your thumb screw. Remember, it's suppose to be hand tight not wrenched down.

athomas
03-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Are you using a level 7 bolt?

Even if the on-off pin is stiff, there is more than enough force due to air pressure to push the pin and rotate the sear. That shouldn't be a problem.

When you air it up and the trigger is limp, try pushing the bolt back with your finger or a squeegie. If the trigger rod activates when you do this, then the problem is in your powertube, most likely either a powertube oring that has hardened or stuck. It wouldn't hurt for you to take the powertube assembly apart and check the orings anyway, just to make sure everything is moving properly.