PDA

View Full Version : High Pressure Tank on 68 Classic

livinglikeakid
03-29-2012, 04:20 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is true value in putting a 1200psi output tank on my 68 Classic for things such as consistency or recharge rates etc?

I read on one of the forums that as long as your tank supplies 200psi more than the internal regulator requirements then there would be no issues. The same topic said that the old classic had an internal pressure of about 350psi, which should mean that any high pressure tank would be fine.

I just put together my first Automag and love it already with completely stock parts. My tank has an 800 psi output now. I just don't want to waste money.

OPBN
03-29-2012, 06:53 AM
The 1200PSI regulators are really meant for AGD valves that are capable of RT'ing, such as the RT Valves, Retro Valves, Emag Valves, X valves, etc. While it won't hurt using it on a Classic, there really is no benefit.

livinglikeakid
03-29-2012, 09:06 AM
The 1200PSI regulators are really meant for AGD valves that are capable of RT'ing, such as the RT Valves, Retro Valves, Emag Valves, X valves, etc. While it won't hurt using it on a Classic, there really is no benefit.

Thanks very much for your response... saved me a few bucks then.

OPBN
03-29-2012, 09:47 AM
It's a Mag, trust me you'll find some other way to spend the money on it. :rofl: