PDA

View Full Version : New Superbolt Blender What's going on?

TheMagMan
02-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Well I just got one of the new super bolts in the mail last week and popped it in. I had a game today and it was a blender. I have a RT Pro with a Bigshot Barrel. I used the new nubbins and even had a few to adjust. I haven’t had a problem with chopping before and since the only new items added to it were the bolt and nubbins (which I ruled out) my mag is useless. I didn't have the stock bolt to do the switch and test so I had to rely on my trusty Tippmann. Has anyone had this problem with the new bolts? I know I’m not short stroking the trigger so that's not even a question. I did notice at the chrono that it was +/- 12-20, which was not normal. Any advice at all would be great. I'll be putting in the stock bolt soon and testing to see if the chops are still there.

Cha0tic
02-17-2002, 12:58 AM
i would turn the velocity down, as the lighter superbolt will raise the veolicity and could break balls or cause inconsistancies over the chrono. make sure your bolt it not too long. if it is, sand it down, as Tom has directed in previous posts (do a search)

TheMagMan
02-17-2002, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by TheMagMan
Well I just got one of the new super bolts in the mail last week.

This is one of the new "fixed" ones after all that. There were only a few online being sold.

And I was playing indoor at 250fps.

BlackVCG
02-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Make sure that the plastic nubbins are extending into the barrel far enough and that paint can't easily roll by them. It seems as though the plastic nubbins need a bit of "break-in" time. Try dry firing the gun a couple hundred shots before you run paint through it. Next time you go to play, have the plastic nubbins in your barrel and play with the stock bolt. Then try the superbolt and see if problems start once you switch to the superbolt. If so, the overall length of the bolt might be off. If you have problems with both bolts, shave down the nub on the bottom side of the plastic nubbin just a bit and then test again.

sniper1rfa
02-17-2002, 03:44 PM
big shots are a somewhat large bore than most, blo back around the bolt maybe?

tranman
02-17-2002, 06:26 PM
Bigshots are standard bore of .689"

TheMagMan
02-17-2002, 08:17 PM
I'l be testing my RT in the morning. Thanks for the input.

:D

soilent green
02-17-2002, 08:58 PM
watch the balls feed does one go in then another goes in alittle if that is the case your paint is small and the second is chopping or the bolt is to long the the first will chop cause it won't load all the way or it will go in slowly

jbgoneover
03-18-2002, 06:50 PM
I think it might be a blow back problem with the bolt.
I just got a new super bolt and it's chopping if and only if I hammer on the trigger for more than 4-5 shots...the 5 or sixth one is chopping every time. I think what's going on might be that once the balls get on the move down the tube the blow back is slowing them down enough to chop. I'm running a revolution with a fast as hell X-board so I don't think it's the feed rate but It could be... Let me know how the testing goes...

J