PDA

View Full Version : Well I am Hooked

FutureMagOwner
02-17-2002, 06:51 AM
i know now that i definantly want to get the minimag over the autococker. I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on upgrades and etc i was thinking of an order like this

nitro tank(i would get this before if even dare use the gun)
ans foamie bolt
warpfeed
i have no idea where to go from there besides maybe a new trigger

at first i was surprised when i asked about the autococker and mini mag that you guys didnt say mini mag but gave me reasons for both. I was also surprised that you didnt immediatly bash the cocker like kingman forums do to any gun and that tippmann does to just kingman.

You also give honest answers which before i could only find at the tippmann forum except when it came to kingman.

keep up the good work

Chef123161
02-17-2002, 07:04 AM
Definatly get Nitro first.

The ANS Bolt isnt exactly a great choice. I have seen some bolts be used without problems and others that are problems. You never know if it will work until you buy it/try it. I would go with an AGD Foamie Bolt.

Warpfeed is a good choice. Makes your profile smaller and lets you shoot in awkward positions.

A Double Trigger frame will lighten the pull but make it a bit longer (its a trade off). I used a Dye 2x Frame but now that AGD has the Intelliframe, I would get that.

Different bore size barrels, maybe a foregrip if you want one and you should be all set.

renegade2k
02-17-2002, 09:44 AM
i wouldnt suggest the ans fomie. mine just tottaly f****d up in my gun. im just goin back to an agd fomie. i would get the intelli before i got the warp if you are on a budget. just because a good trigger frame will increase your rof, but a warp wont. then a foregrip of some kind. a revvy is a must. if you want cosmetics planet eclipse makes some very good pretty stuff and comes in lots of colors

FutureMagOwner
02-17-2002, 09:54 AM
i have a rev, and i can shoot pretty fast(i can pull the trigger faster than my tippmann can go) and i wanna try the rifle feel first

gibby
02-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Definitely the Retro Valve! Nuff said!

RT_Luver
02-17-2002, 03:40 PM
on the mini hmm...wanna the guys on my team has one.NICE GUN.I'd go wit a nice adjustable nitro,cradle,intelli or wait till the new Z's,superbolt,warp,retro,gas through forgrip or regular for grip,and what ever else you fill like.What ever order thats just what my friend has except for the retro,he's getting that as soon as he gets the money.

Smoken
02-17-2002, 03:59 PM
This is my setup. That being said I would fully recomend all of the upgrades mentioned:
Stock body (polished)
Stock valve
Stock rail (some idiot polished it & gouged it up. I want a new one.)
Blade Inteliframe
ACI Gas Thru Grip (but w/o gas going thru)
Dye Aluminum Barrel (12 in.)
12V Revy w/ X-board
47 ci Flatline
Tank cover

That's my setup. The only things I want to change are that I want to get a ReTro Valve and a 68 ci Flatline.

FatMan
02-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Most significant add-ons for mini-mag:

ReTro Valve - if you can afford it.

45 grip frame with double-finger trigger. I have a Diamond Labs that I love, Benchmarks are nice, Dye makes a nice one too. AGD's intelliframe is the cadillac, but seems rather expensive.

Barrels - 12 Aluminum are the best bet. I recommend the Lapco - Bigshot if you shoot big paint, Autospirit if you shoot small paint, both if you shoot both from time to time. The Dye AL barrel is also excellent and tends to be between the two Lapcos in bore size, and so having all three is nice, if you can afford it. I'm shooting a Freak and love it, but its pricey.

Fore grip - I like to run the gas through mine 'cause I don't like long hoses running from the cradle to the valve.

Nitrogen is a must for a ReTro valve. An adjustable reg on the nitro is good to have also. Nitro a good idea on a regular valve too, but the adjustable reg is much less important.

Personally I wouldn't change anything inside the valve or the bolt, and of course, do the cosmetics how ever you like.

Play safe and have fun,
FatMan

FutureMagOwner
02-17-2002, 04:33 PM
heh i was aiming maybe for an ultralight barrel maybe an all american and anyone know the site for sin customs sine i cant use www.g3pb.com becuase thats anodizing and sins does powder coats