PDA

View Full Version : J&J Barrels

OPBN
04-16-2012, 08:38 AM
I have a grey twistlock J&J barel. Did they ever make these cocker threaded in the same color? Nowdays, they only seem to make them in dust black. I like how the grey color sort of matches the back half of the Retro Valve.

This isn't a WTB thread. I am trying to determine if what I am possibly looking for was actually made before I post in the BST's.

Drix
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
The J+J commando series barrels were grey if I remember correctly, but what I think your looking for is the actual ceramic barrels that J+J used to make. They have sort of a green/grey look to them and came in autococker threading, I can get you a picture of one if you like.

Hobbez
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
I&I has them in old angel threads with a cocker adapter on them for $20 on ebay.

Edit: I've never seen a grey one for cocker, but that doesnt mean they never made 'em.

BiNumber3
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Pretty sure ive seen em once in a while, theyre not as easy to find anymore

SkinnyHare
04-18-2012, 12:13 AM
They did. I have a couple of them... not sure what lengths. I think a 12" and a 14" is what I have, but I would have to dig them out of the parts box to check.

OPBN
04-18-2012, 06:18 AM
I've seen a few different types that are being offered as a J&J. The one I have is this:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn308/oldpbnoob/JJBarrel.jpg

I saw some offered that have a bump right about in the middle of them that is AC threaded, did they make one that looked like the pic above without the bump and AC threaded?

Drix
04-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Not sure, I have one with a bump though, I think the bump was ment to hold the front end of a shroud in place so they may not have made one without it?

SkinnyHare
04-19-2012, 12:49 AM
to my knowledge, the old AC threaded ones all had the flaring about 4.5" down. Like Drix said, that was before it was cool to run around without the shroud and get gunk all in your pneumatics.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6836/barrelsc.jpg

I suppose you might be able to cerakote one of the newer styles to get that greyish color?