PDA

View Full Version : Minimag problem

shadowmaker
04-16-2012, 07:29 PM
I bought my minimag new back in the early 90s. I dont think I ve ever replaced in O rings or anything to be honest. The gun is completely stock except the bolt, venom??

Anyways, I started playing again off and on back in 09. Didnt play for about 1.5 yrs and played again on Sat. I switched to compressed air when I started back playing. On sat, I ran out of compressed air and switched over to CO2. It did ok for about 50 rounds, then it would shoot and CO2 would gush out of the barrel. I turned the valve off on the bottle, waited, recharged it, shot 1 ball and the same thing.

Never had a problem with this gun so my problem solving skills suck. Any ideas? Time for a parts kit?

Dover
04-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah, time for a tune-up. Check all the o-rings and use plenty of oil first.

CO2 is a dirty gas, meaning ice crystal can form, cutting o-rings

Happy paintballing and greetings from Canada ! :cheers:

shadowmaker
04-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I knew when I started playing again I was pushing my luck on not replacing the o rings. I think I still have a parts kit that I never used. Do the o rings rot without being used? Or should I be good to go?

I dont like to use CO2 but getting compressed air refills around here is kinda hard.

Dover
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
The o-rings definitely age, they turn color and harden so they definitely need replacing with time and use.

athomas
04-19-2012, 05:45 AM
The bolt springs get weak. This causes the bolt to stick and CO2 will flow out the front when this happens.