PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Doc's Machine Automag to Autococker barrel adapter

yamess191
04-17-2012, 04:30 PM
I am having a problem with Doc's automag to autococker barrel adapter and was wondering if any one else has had the same problem. The paintball dont feed all the way through the feed hole in the barrel. They are getting hung up because the hole that Doc machined for the feed hole is to small in diameter. I have tried every kind of paint my local shop carries and none of it feed through. I have to push them in with my finger with considerable force to get them in the breach. Am I the only one who has had this problem? I e-mailed Doc yesterday and have not heard back.

BigEvil
04-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Good luck with that one buddy.

Best bet is to try to ream the hole out bigger.

yamess191
04-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Yea, I thought about reaming the feed hole out bigger, though it is stainless which is a pretty hard metal. I was hoping to hear back from doc, and wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Spider-TW
04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I have one that was small. If you catch Doc at the right time, he will take care of it.

Mine was too large for my old body (.999 for a .996 body iirc). I got it fitted up and found that even some silly small custom paint was too big for it. The barrel threads were tight too, and I emailed him to let him know that it looked like all the dimensions looked a few thousandths short. Doc had me ship it back and he bored it out for me.

yamess191
04-17-2012, 06:03 PM
It is good to hear that Doc takes care of his customers. I will e-mail Doc again if I don't hear from him tonight.

Hook
04-18-2012, 05:57 AM
I've contacted Doc several times before and if you don't hear back from him within 24-48 hours, simply re-send your email and he'll get back to you. He's a great guy to deal with.

And back on subject, knock on wood, because I have two of doc's twistlock adapters and both are fine.

yamess191
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
I got in touch with Doc and he said go ahead and send it back and he will take care of it. I put it in the mail yesterday. I am glad he stands behind his work :clap:

LawnDart
04-23-2012, 10:43 AM
I had a Docs adaptor waiting on my shelf for my Automag to arrive. Well today it did and I tried to insert it but it came up short of the feedneck. It took way too much effort to get it in and I have to use a flathead to punch it out from the back. Shot Doc an email about this.

Spider-TW
04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
I had a Docs adaptor waiting on my shelf for my Automag to arrive. Well today it did and I tried to insert it but it came up short of the feedneck. It took way too much effort to get it in and I have to use a flathead to punch it out from the back. Shot Doc an email about this.

The tubing the bodies were made of varied a little. Also, make sure your body is clean in the back there. Docs adapters fit snug all the way across, instead of just on the o-rings, so any build up in the back there can get in the way.

LawnDart
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
It has a Luke's modified feedneck and the body looks to have been sprayed on the outside. Some overspray may have gotten on the inside. Ill try and take a brass bristle brush to the inside and try and clean it up some. The adaptor looks to be that once in all the way the front would not be flush with the front of the body. Would that be right?

Spider-TW
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
It has a Luke's modified feedneck and the body looks to have been sprayed on the outside. Some overspray may have gotten on the inside. Ill try and take a brass bristle brush to the inside and try and clean it up some. The adaptor looks to be that once in all the way the front would not be flush with the front of the body. Would that be right?

Yes, even on a classic body it will sit a little recessed.

LawnDart
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Ok thats good to hear. Weil I cleaned the inside up a bit with a dremel brush carefully but couldn't reach all the way. Lubed it up with some Dow33, It just get jammed now 3/4 of the way. This is far from snug.

Spider-TW
04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Ok thats good to hear. Weil I cleaned the inside up a bit with a dremel brush carefully but couldn't reach all the way. Lubed it up with some Dow33, It just get jammed now 3/4 of the way. This is far from snug.

That's kind of what mine did. Before you sand down the outside, make sure the inside is the right bore and the threads are good for your barrel. If something else is off, you might as let Doc sort it out.

LawnDart
04-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Bore is good and the threads match my dye backs. I'll try some Emory cloth and a dowel to get closer to the breach.

Spider-TW
04-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Bore is good and the threads match my dye backs. I'll try some Emory cloth and a dowel to get closer to the breach.
If you can find other bodies, I would try it out on them and get an idea about which one is off. I sanded my adapter down to fit my old body, but it was a hair loose in another body. Not loose enough for a piece of tape though.